SeaBisco?

Cruise-a-Hallic

I know this is a complete long shot, but has anyone heard of SeaBisco?  It’s supposed to be an Alaska cruise next year put on by the band Disco Biscuits.  Was just announced yesterday, but does not give any details other than dates.  We just got back from our Alaska cruise “of a lifetime” and my DW is already telling me about this cruise next year.  It’s supposed to be a music festival at sea in Alaska.  I would love to go back…….

Are you familiar with the band or Jam Bands in general? If not I would probably consider looking for different Alaskan cruise to go on.

The Jam band crowd, especially Bisco fans are very into drugs and there is no chance that they won't be sneaking a bunch on board. 

The standard "music festival" vibe and a disco biscuits show are very different things. If your not familiar with the culture or in the very least into raving you will be overwhelmed.

43 minutes ago, donaldsc said:

Try typing "seabisco" into Google.

DON

Gee, thanks for the advice Don.

11 hours ago, vito_d said:

Are you familiar with the band or Jam Bands in general? If not I would probably consider looking for different Alaskan cruise to go on.

The Jam band crowd, especially Bisco fans are very into drugs and there is no chance that they won't be sneaking a bunch on board. 

The standard "music festival" vibe and a disco biscuits show are very different things. If your not familiar with the culture or in the very least into raving you will be overwhelmed.

Yes, I am very familiar with the Biscuits and the Jam Band scene in general.  I know it's not going to be the usual Alaska cruise scene. But was hoping the price of an Alaska cruise would limit some of the wookie riff raff on the boat.  I highly doubt it would be the type of scene most cruisers would enjoy, but may be a few intermixed in on this board.  I was just curious if anyone else on here was a Phan in the know about it and had any additional information they could share.

Here is what I found.  Sailing from Seattle, so expect close security screening of luggage (checked and carry-on), and the officer/canine teams will be very visible.

https://jambands.com/news/2024/07/09/the-disco-biscuits-announce-seabisco-alaska-cruise-setting-sail-in-september-2025/

I don't know what cruise line they are using.  I know that Norwegian has had music charters out of the southern (warm) homeports, but I noticed that this music charter sails on a Tuesday, and Carnival sails on Tuesdays from Seattle.  Looking forward to seeing what cruise line this charter will be offered on.

On 7/11/2024 at 12:09 PM, Cruise-a-Hallic said:

Gee, thanks for the advice Don.

Yes, I am very familiar with the Biscuits and the Jam Band scene in general.  I know it's not going to be the usual Alaska cruise scene. But was hoping the price of an Alaska cruise would limit some of the wookie riff raff on the boat.  I highly doubt it would be the type of scene most cruisers would enjoy, but may be a few intermixed in on this board.  I was just curious if anyone else on here was a Phan in the know about it and had any additional information they could share.

If you're being sarcastic - please note that I did answer your question.  

DON