Blood sugar monitor and wifi

I'm traveling with a family member who has a device on their arm to monitor their blood sugar. Will this talk to the app on the phone with ship wifi only? They aren't sure and I don't know all the questions to ask.

I don’t have a cgm but my diabetes support program supplies my glucose monitor and it syncs to my phone via Bluetooth.  But the results are sent on to Livongo and they contact me to see if I am okay when my readings are significantly off.  However when I am out of cellular range (on the ship) the results ar e stored until I am back in range.  I seldom look at the results on the phone, but I’ll be cruising next week on two different ships/lines and I’ll be sure to check it out.  EM

I use a freestyle Libra and have just had my first cruise with it. Happy to say there were no issues. It connects to the Libra link app via Bluetooth. I prefer the Shuggar app with it which is also Bluetooth. Before I settled on the freestyle libra I tried the Dexcom sensor, which I didn’t like as much but it worked in exactly the same way.

I also checked when my sensor would run out before we left (which was during the cruise) so I took the replacement I knew I would need, and a spare just in case of problems. I also took some ‘traditional’ finger pricking kit as backup. 

Hope you all have a great cruise.