What to do in Holyhead?

Not very much, I'm afraid. Although it is Anglesey's largest town, it primarily exists as a ferry port. 

The walk to the South Stack lighthouse is often recommended (although take note there are 450 steps to it down a steep cliff). 

There's also a small maritime museum which has a number of exhibits. It includes the story of the USAAF plane which crashed into the sea off Holyhead, killing all crew members, in 1944. The story of a much greater loss of life comes from 1918, recounting the sinking by enemy action of the RMS Leinster on its way from Dublin to Holyhead, with the loss of nearly 600 men. They were mainly soldiers, including a man from my town  - 18 year old James Birch

9 hours ago, jerseygirlinAZ said:

We just returned from a stop in Holyhead.  I highly recommend the BusyBus tour.  We had a great time and felt we saw a good deal.  

Do they have a guarantee to get you back to the ship in time?  

15 hours ago, gailellen12 said:

Do they have a guarantee to get you back to the ship in time?  

Yes they say they will get you back to the ship on time.  They were very aware of the time throughout the entire trip.  Never felt stressed.  They had us back in plenty of time and there were many of our fellow cruisers that went with them ... three busloads in fact!

Just to add...I went to see if there were any spots left for our cruise in August and while they said they were full, they do create a waiting list. More requests=more busses. So make sure you at least leave your email. I'm hoping...🤞

We were on a waiting list for the BusyBus tour for several months. One day, just for grins, I tried booking it again, and suddenly there was availability. I booked it immediately. I never did get contacted by them about the wait list. So make sure you keep trying.

• Like 1