On Island Princess July 5-26, 2024 - - Please add Isafjordur, Iceland as Replacement for Greenland ports

Dear Princess Cruises, we are currently on the above cruise and we know that the ports for Qaqortog and Nanotalik, Greenland were cancelled due to ice build up which we understand is necessary. Thankfully, Princess is re-routing us to Nuuk for July 14 so we get at least one Greenland port in.  However, this still leaves an extra sea day before we go to Reykjavik, Iceland on July 18.  

Isafijordur, Iceland appears to be available for July 17 since it can handle more than one berthed ship, and the only other ship in port that day is Seabourn Star Pride, a Carnival Corp. ship.

https://www.cruisemapper.com/ports/isafjordur-port-703

I know Princess reads the boards so I hope that they give consideration to this.

Take a lemon and make lemonade.  

9 minutes ago, SonomaMist said:

Dear Princess Cruises, we are currently on the above cruise and we know that the ports for Qaqortog and Nanotalik, Greenland were cancelled due to ice build up which we understand is necessary. Thankfully, Princess is re-routing us to Nuuk for July 14 so we get at least one Greenland port in.  However, this still leaves an extra sea day before we go to Reykjavik, Iceland on July 18.  

Isafijordur, Iceland appears to be available for July 17 since it can handle more than one berthed ship, and the only other ship in port that day is Seabourn Star Pride, a Carnival Corp. ship.

https://www.cruisemapper.com/ports/isafjordur-port-703

I know Princess reads the boards so I hope that they give consideration to this.

I totally agree with this - it is very hard to lose a port day when it seems there is one available.

• Thanks 1

On 7/12/2024 at 9:41 AM, SonomaMist said:

I hate to rain on your parade...but it is highly unlikely that anybody at Princess with the clout to adjust itineraries will ever get a message of this type. You would have far better results by sending an email directly to the corporate headquarters. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Why not approach someone on the ship?  Customer Service Supervisor or talk an ear off with an officer when they are wandering around the ship.

In my opinion, I think it is rather late to make these changes.  Did you get your port fees returned?

Edited by cr8tiv1

On 7/12/2024 at 8:41 AM, SonomaMist said:

Can they add Akureyri?  It's incredibly beautiful and for those of us who had not previously crossed the Arctic Circle, a chance to be a Bluenose.

Having been to Akureyri and Isafjordur (neither of which particularly impressed) I'd like to throw the Faroe Islands into the mix as an alternative.

• Like 1