Traving with a baby FLL hotel to port

how old is the baby? The best bet is to bring your own car seat, especially if you bought a seat for the kid on the plane - use the car seat on the plane (see examples below). If not, please gate check the seat. Do not counter check the car seat with the rest of the luggage.

An excellent travel friendly seat for a baby/infant/small toddler is Cosco Scenera NEXT. Install with the seatbelt.

This is how you travel with a seat through the airport.

Here are two excellent boards for advice on traveling with kids:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/28-family-cruises/

https://community.babycenter.com/groups/a10635/traveling_with_children

kWlMJX4LlBn0diSHW3psarp13ugNuki4_lg.jpg

Vbv2yv5xIZTZofPIroOmIMUE7PuXOX28_lg.jpg

cb8dba79174ce954d0c6a61aae81971e.jpg

6a00d8341ca9bc53ef01b8d1f0cc16970c-250wi.jpg

yR5SF042bJidr5KDllO7Xan2rGj6nW1o_lg.jpg

q3UGeL2XEZ9bk2kJjpsJSMkbX68L2slg_lg.jpg

20131030-115357.jpg

IMG_1789-225x300.jpg

71luZg4hg4L__SL256_.jpg

12959944_1583301925316413_1309993486_n.jpg

I always carried our car seat on the plane and strapped him into the seat. I had one of the carriers shown above for moving the car seat from security to check in, etc and also had a stroller. It wasn’t as bad as it seems. Gate check the stroller. Use the car seat on the plane if the baby has a seat. 

When he was older and could sit in the seat, but I still wanted a car seat, I gate checked the car seat in my own durable car seat bag - Brittax. Never had any problems. 

Good luck and enjoy your trip. 

On 7/15/2024 at 11:37 AM, Pepperoni0120 said:

Has anyone had success with uber or lyft showing up with a carseat? I know shuttles from HyattPlace available but how far is it via car/ shuttle to port from Hyatt Place FLL

You can book a private service that will provide a car seat. The one we use is JiffyJeff.

On 7/15/2024 at 11:37 AM, Pepperoni0120 said:

Has anyone had success with uber or lyft showing up with a carseat? I know shuttles from HyattPlace available but how far is it via car/ shuttle to port from Hyatt Place FLL

You need to select the car seat option for ride shares

12 hours ago, nhraformula00 said:

1/2 a mile. Its like 2-3 short blocks to the entrance to the port

You’re not suggesting that people with an infant that requires a car seat walk are you?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, zqvol said:

You’re not suggesting that people with an infant that requires a car seat walk are you?

No. Just giving the distance, not like its 15 miles. Hotel shuttles are not required to have car seats for babies. Its up to poster what they want to do. 

1 hour ago, nhraformula00 said:

No. Just giving the distance, not like its 15 miles. Hotel shuttles are not required to have car seats for babies. Its up to poster what they want to do. 

Ride shares are required to have kids in car seats as needed under the law.  Taxis are exempt

1 hour ago, nhraformula00 said:

Rideshare are indeed hotel shuttles that are pay per ride. Try asking next time you are in one.We have done it several times with our grand son.

Rideshares are Ubers and  Lyfts NOT hotel shuttles. smh

• Like 1

On 7/26/2024 at 6:54 PM, Elaine5715 said:

Ride shares are required to have kids in car seats as needed under the law.  Taxis are exempt

I don't think taxis are exempt, at least not several years ago when there was a huge sign at the airport about it.

On 7/26/2024 at 5:43 PM, nhraformula00 said:

No. Just giving the distance, not like its 15 miles.

laws of physics still apply.

My husband's car was t-boned and totaled by an unlicensed, uninsured driver 0.5 miles away from our house. DH survived. An unsecured baby may not have.

6 hours ago, Pepperoni0120 said:

All worked out. Used hotel shuttle. (Hyatt Place)Brought our car seat but shuttle driver said not necessary although we used one anyway. 

Good to hear it worked out for you. 

• Like 1