MSC Davina YC/ speciality restaurants

eric4395

Only 2 weeks to our  7 day cruise on Davina from Rome. We have upgraded to Yacht club for this cruise after reading the positive reviews. Only query we have is as the food seems to be a step up in le muse restaurant is there any sense or reason to pay extra & visit any of the 2 speciality restaurants which we normally try on cruises . Thanks for any replies.

Based on our 4 Divina cruises -- and all YC meals on MSC in general, I would say that spending any money out of pocket for specialty restaurants is not necessary. In fact, we use our free Diamond meal for lunch so as not to miss any of the great dinners in Le Muse. Of course, food there is subject to your own tastes. If you are not a fan of Mediterranean-type meals, you may feel differently. We especially love things such as octopus carpaccio, beef tartare, Osso Buco, lamb shank, etc., and YC does not disappoint. (I will warn that if you're looking for meatloaf or fried chicken and waffles, you might disagree.)

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Not if you have to pay for them.  Butcher's Cut has decent steaks but lacks ambiance, Yacht Club restaurant will have options of equal quality.   Galaxy Sushi has medium to low quality seafood but has a nice view/atmosphere. Nicer view and better bar service in Top Sail longe.

Edited by Até
  • Like 2

I was in the Divina YC with the same cruise itinerary in May.  I have a review which is currently sitting on page 5 of this forum.  It covers a lot of our experience, although I have yet to address the ports/excursions.  We loved our experience in Le Muse and had no desire to eat at any other restaurant.

I would be happy to answer any questions you may have about the ship/experience/itinerary.

• Like 1

I agree with @Best Cat Mom regarding the food in Le Muse but disagree with @Até about the view in Divina's Top Sail Lounge.  

We did the two dinner package, as this was our first MSC cruise and thus first YC experience and the fact that my DW is Japanese so anytime sushi is offered we have to try.   The two filets that I had in Le Muses had more flavor and were more tender than the filet that I had in Butcher's Cut.  

We found the view in the Top Sail Lounge to be awkward at best.  None of the seats faced the front windows, you sat perpendicular (sideways) to them and the windws were no very clear.  In Galaxy the windows faced the side of the ship and not the front but they were clear  and the view out of the was excellent.  

• Like 1