BEST YACHT CLUB ?

Table 6 UK

Hello : Prior to a Panama Canal cruise on Celebrity Ascent in the Retreat in early February, the Mrs and I would like to be sailing on a MSC Yacht Club 3 and 4 night cruise (B2B) out of any Florida port at the end of January 2026.

To make the dates ideally work it looks like there is a choice between SEASHORE out of Port Canaveral or SEASIDE out of Miami.

Our question is - which ship would you choose and why ?

Many thanks

Kev & Ali in the UK

Seashore is an EVOlved version of the Seaside Class. The Yacht Club area is larger on Seashore but there are also more Yacht Club guests on Seashore.

The Yacht Club pool on Seaside is over 6ft deep everywhere but the Seashore Yacht Club pool has both a deep end as well as a shallower end.

Seashore has 2 large hot tubs (1 in front, 1 on the side) on the Yacht Club sundeck while Seaside has 2 in the front.

Seaside has cabanas which block the sun better than the Seashore pergolas. Seashore has more pergolas than Seaside has cabanas so getting one is easier on Seashore.

Seashore has more Yacht Club stateroom choices than Seaside but much of the stateroom info is similar. There are differences if you delve deeply into the specifics.

Outside of the Yacht Club, there are differences with locations of things, pools, etc. but being very similar makes navigation very much the same. Seashore does have some improvements in passenger flow for certain things.

I've sailed Seaside out of Miami and Seashore out of Miami and Port Canaveral and enjoyed both ships very much. It's pretty much a coin toss but I tend to lean more towards newer ships so Seashore gets my vote. Since you'll be flying in, MCO is about 30-35 minutes from Port Canaveral.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Grandiosa is coming to Port Canaveral end of 2025. Booked our Interior Yacht Cabin before all are taken. Seems like a long time away altho 2026 seems even longer.

We cruised Seashore Yacht Club in April for first time, hence booked Seascape for November this year out of Miami and as I said Grandiosa for December 2025 out of Port Canaveral. 

Ports - we drive so definitely prefer Port Canaveral if an option. 

Edited by cellfree

Disclaimer: I haven't yet sailed on the Seashore, but I did on the Seaside (YC) last year.

It depends on with whom you are traveling. Seaside has the ziplines and super waterslides. If those factor, then there you go.

4 hours ago, cellfree said:

Grandiosa is coming to Port Canaveral end of 2025. Booked our Interior Yacht Cabin before all are taken. Seems like a long time away altho 2026 seems even longer.

We cruised Seashore Yacht Club in April for first time, hence booked Seascape for November this year out of Miami and as I said Grandiosa for December 2025 out of Port Canaveral. 

Ports - we drive so definitely prefer Port Canaveral if an option. 

Great to know, but could you please tell me where she is cruising to? 

2 hours ago, jjjct said:

Great to know, but could you please tell me where she is cruising to? 

Well our itinerary is going to Cozumel, Cayman Islands, Jamaica, and Nassau. You would need to search the Grandiosa from December 2025 forward for its itineraries. 

• Like 1