Breakaway Balcony Cabin Bed Position

Hi,

Wanted to verify that the wide section of the floorplan for Breakaway balcony cabins on the NCL website is where the bed would be located.

I see the wider area is different for each room, for example, room1 has the wide section near the balcony and room2 has the wide section in the center of the room, so this means room1 has the bed near the balcony and room2 has the bed more towards the middle etc.

Do I have this correct?

Thanks

1 hour ago, zqvol said:

I’m not sure where you got that information, but there is no way that they did that. You need to dig deeper. 

My travel agent told me after she talked with NCL directly.

I called and spoke with NCL myself afterwards, just to verify that maybe the person she talked with at NCL was wrong, but I got the same story.

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, CK77 said:

Sorry, I found out that the Breakaway did a refurb in 2020 and they made every bed placed in the middle. So there are no more odd and even bed placements.

If that is true (it isn't) where is the sofa bed? 🤔

When the deck plan for Breakaway is correct, the bed is at the wider part of the stateroom for the balcony and Club Balcony Suites. There are some errors where the indent is in the wrong place....

...but you can see the 2 configurations in the videos above. 

What staterooms are you interested in and which bed placement do you prefer? It is either "bed near balcony" or "bed near closet" for that stateroom type. 

Edited by Two Wheels Only

Posted (edited)

Thanks for the videos!

We would prefer a bed near the balcony, but seriously, it’s not a deal killer by any means lol.

Not sure why were told that by NCL, but none the less, we are good to go. 

Edited by CK77

2 hours ago, CK77 said:

We would prefer a bed near the balcony, but seriously, it’s not a deal killer by any means lol.

Not sure why were told that by NCL, but none the less, we are good to go. 

On Breakaway, if you book a balcony or Club Balcony Suite with 4 people, the bed will be near the balcony.

If you book with 3, 2, or 1, the bed can be either near the balcony or near the closet. The majority of the "sleeps 3" in those categories has the bed near the closet. By default, if booking with less than 4, the system will not show the "sleeps 4" staterooms which always have the bed near the balcony. What you can do is make a mock booking with 4 people and take note of the available staterooms on your chosen deck/location. 

Once you've selected a good "bed near balcony", call NCL or your travel agent directly and tell them that you want that particular stateroom. You will get a bed near balcony without having to risk getting the other configuration. 

If your plan was to book 4 people in the stateroom to begin with, just select whatever is on the website and there is no need to call. 

• Like 1