Plus/Premiere Price Increase??

In checking out some future cruise itineraries on princess.com, the cost to upgrade to Princess Plus and Premiere is now displayed as $67 and $87 instead of $60 and $80 per day?  Has there been a price increase?

There have been multiple reports of odd pricing for the packages. As of now, all of them have gone back to the current $60 and $80 per person per day.

Nobody on this board seems to know if this is someone entering new pricing too soon or if it's just a glitch.

• Like 1

Right now, in the shopping cart for our upcoming Alaska cruise, the Plus package is being offered at $76.69 per day and Premier is $100.29 per day. Prices include 18% gratuities.

The Premier package for us would cost more than our cruise fares. (A mini suite with 3rd and 4th free.) 

Yeah, maybe not! 😜🖕

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Teechur said:

Right now, in the shopping cart for our upcoming Alaska cruise, the Plus package is being offered at $76.69 per day and Premier is $100.29 per day. Prices include 18% gratuities.

The Premier package for us would cost more than our cruise fares. (A mini suite with 3rd and 4th free.) 

Yeah, maybe not! 😜🖕

@Teechur  Those are the prices for the stand alone beverage packages. They are not worth it. The Plus and Premier cruise packages include crew appreciation and wifi and are much more reasonable at $60 and $80.

Edited by t&atravel
  • Like 2

Pricing has been erratic since the move to include all fees/taxes on July 1st. I check constantly for both my personal bookings and my client's bookings. I expected to see the price "look" higher since everything is included upfront. However, what I'm finding on multiple bookings is that overnight (as in on July 1st after checking June 30th) I have bookings that are now a higher end price with standard than they were with Plus or Premier. Whether this was an intentional price increase, or just the system being messed up/glitchy, I'm not sure. But I'm seeing very weird pricing. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, t&atravel said:

@Teechur  Those are the prices for the stand alone beverage packages. They are not worth it. The Plus and Premier cruise packages include crew appreciation and wifi and are much more reasonable at $60 and $80.

I stand corrected. I see that there is a difference but having identical names adds to the confusion (A Princess specialty 🤪)

I just tried to look at my booking and got a notice that they are having "technical difficulties" and to try again later.

• Like 1

Don't know if this is true but when talking to an Ocean Ready person this morning for another thing, he noticed that I don't have a pkg on our current booking and told me that the Premier Pkg is going up to $90 a day per person next month.  When I asked what the Plus Pkg was going up to, he said they did not have that information.  So your guess is as good as mine as to if this is true or not.  Upselling no matter what as we usually only do Plus pkg.

2 minutes ago, DavidsNana said:

Don't know if this is true but when talking to an Ocean Ready person this morning for another thing, he noticed that I don't have a pkg on our current booking and told me that the Premier Pkg is going up to $90 a day per person next month.  When I asked what the Plus Pkg was going up to, he said they did not have that information.  So your guess is as good as mine as to if this is true or not.  Upselling no matter what as we usually only do Plus pkg.

I am not buying that story at all. Are these contractors paid commission for upsells ?

1 minute ago, memoak said:

I am not buying that story at all. Are these contractors paid commission for upsells ?

It does make one wonder.  Are the Ocean Ready people who help with app problems contractors?  I never thought about that.  I know the app is a different company.  If this was just an attempt at an upsell, then I don't appreciate the misinformation that he used.  Upsell is just fine as it is the way of the world but using misinformation not cool.