The best steak on Virgin Voyages!

Cloud9 Bob

Another vote for Pink Agave.....it's a Rib Eye, smothered in sauce and covered with Mexican Cheese.

2nd place goes to Extra Virgin

3rd Place The Wake, although the 65 day dry-aged Tomahawk is pretty damn good, but a $75 up-charge.

VV+Pink+Agave+-+Bistec.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Eric&Pam said:

3rd Place The Wake, although the 65 day dry-aged Tomahawk is pretty damn good, but a $75 up-charge.

and it's huge...seems like it's for 2?

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Cloud9 Bob said:

and it's huge...seems like it's for 2?

Yes...it could easy feed 4 or more, unless you eat like bears.

IMG_5961.JPG

The pic below is just one plate, Pam had just as much on her plate!

IMG_5962.JPG

Edited by Eric&Pam
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Watchmen said:

The steak from Punk Agave and EV is a toss up. Avoid the steak at the Wake. 

I think you may have something here!

image.thumb.jpeg.9a09b318e374f0ce003540e41ee5e194.jpeg

• Haha 6

We've had great and not good steaks at The Wake.  Our fav used to be the secret steak at Razzle Dazzle, but that doesn't exist any more (boo hiss).
Now....Pink Agave or Extra Virgin.  Both are consistently good, so it becomes a matter of personal taste.  The Wake on a good night or good cruise is excellent.  On an off night, you'll get a better steak at Texas Roadhouse.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Cloud9 Bob said:

Does Pink Agave ask how you would like it cooked. The steak with the cheese looks awesome. I’m a medium-well person. Would that ruin it?

They will prepare your steak per your instructions.  I think medium well is ruined anywhere, so can't address that it would be any different at Pink Agave.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, cantgetin said:

I think medium well is ruined anywhere, so can't address that it would be any different at Pink Agave.

How do you feel about medium? 😄

Just now, Cloud9 Bob said:

How do you feel about medium? 😄

Medium is fine.  My parents believed that that only way to cook a steak was well done....I was shocked when I learned that there were nicer ways to serve the meat.  🙂

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I like my steak done Pittsburgh style, which must be cooked on an extremely hot fire. It is seared and crispy on the outside and warm rare on the inside. The only restaurants on cruise ships who even knew what is was but also nailed it were all on Virgin. The Wake, Pink Agave and Extra Virgin all nailed it perfectly. So ordering a steak medium to medium well should be a piece of cake. I won't judge you @Cloud9 Bob but please don't tell me you douse it with A1 sauce. That is just to much to handle 😉

Another vote for Pink Agave as the best.

The steak in Extra Virgin was pretty good too. So far, I have no complaints about the Wake either. For me, part of it is the cut of meat, Ribeye is at the top of my list to begin with.

The other thing you may want to watch for is the Prime Rib in the Galley. My spouse enjoyed that and actually got a second dinner just to have it - because you don't know what will be on the menu in the Galley when you book the restaurants ahead of time. I'm going to guess that can be more hit or miss, but they sure looked good!

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Wildcatllamas said:

Cloud9 Bob but please don't tell me you douse it with A1 sauce. That is just to much to handle 😉

Of course not! That what ketchup is for.

(just kidding) 😇

• Haha 6

11 minutes ago, cantgetin said:

The Beef Wellington in The Galley was excellent as well.

So difficult to even find a restaurant around me that makes this anymore. I would definitely give it a go.

• Like 1

On 7/19/2024 at 7:45 PM, Eric&Pam said:

Yes...it could easy feed 4 or more, unless you eat like bears.

IMG_5961.JPG

The pic below is just one plate, Pam had just as much on her plate!

IMG_5962.JPG

As a 7 year keto veteran who eats steak 3 times a week at home; I ate 5 breakfast steaks in the Wake (did brunch there every day), as well as, the Tomahawk on Scarlet night on VL last week.  I also had the steak and cheese at Pink Agave and Extra Virgin’s New York.  I have a couple tips..the steak sauce they put on the breakfast steak and the steak at Pink Agave are better on the side and all of the kitchens on VL are taking the meat off the grill too late - order one temperature less then you want.  If your favorite cut isn’t a ribeye and you don’t enjoy its fatty cap then perhaps you won’t agree but in my mind the Tomahawk at the Wake wins by a landslide.

IMG_5665.jpeg

IMG_5777.jpeg

IMG_5943.jpeg

IMG_5945.jpeg

IMG_6013.jpeg

IMG_6301.jpeg