Half Moon Cay hot tubs removed from villas

We are on a Carnival cruise this coming week and just got a notice ahead of departure that at HMC the hot tubs have been removed.  For the inconvenience we are getting a 20% refund to the villa cost. It’s not a maintenance thing as the notice says this is a new change in layout. Did I miss this announcement before, because this caught us by surprise and we have it on our HAL cruise in December. 

• Like 1

I can understand the maintenance of them being an issue.  The cost of the villas and even the cabanas have gone way out of line so we won't be booking them any time soon.

• Like 2

Apparently they also made a new change in the Clamshell layout on HMC. I had a clamshell booked for HAL October cruise, did not receive notification but saw this on a FB page. I  canceled my clamshell, too far from restrooms for us.

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, kirkc said:

Why would you need a hot tub on Half Moon Cay?

We were there in Feb and I got very chilled after snorkeling and the sun went behind some clouds.  I would have loved to have had a hot tub to hop into to warm up!