Elite cruise discounts

Hi all - we are diamond on rcl and just status matched to elite on celebrity.

On rcl, diamond members get a discount of $250 per balcony stateroom.  Is there a similar discount for elite members on celebrity?

Thanks.

A free one category upgrade is offered for certain cabin categories for all Captains Club members regardless of tier. Here is a table published by Celebrity which shows the eligible free upgrades:

image.png.a7842e99df7e72f6d687a5fa1c1004

I am not sure if the status match program gives you access to this benefit though. 

So, it appears that you would be able to take advantage of the free one category upgrade which includes certain balcony categories. My understanding is that you have to request this benefit at the time of booking. Also I believe that the online reservation system is still not smart enough to apply this discount so you have to call Celebrity (or your travel agent if you are using one) to get this benefit. 

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, mahdnc said:

So, it appears that you would be able to take advantage of the free one category upgrade which includes certain balcony categories. My understanding is that you have to request this benefit at the time of booking. Also I believe that the online reservation system is still not smart enough to apply this discount so you have to call Celebrity (or your travel agent if you are using one) to get this benefit. 

We have had this benefit applied in the past.  Surprisingly, with our most recent November booking it was done automatically. (V2 to V1). But I agree with you and would also check with whomever you booked through to be sure.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

3 minutes ago, leaveitallbehind said:

We have had this benefit applied in the past.  Surprisingly, with our most recent November booking it was done automatically. (V2 to V1). But I agree with you and would also check with whomever you booked through to be sure.

Good. I thought I remembered hearing/reading that it can be done online now but I could not find the information source to support the assertion.  For many years you couldn’t get it online. I was too lazy to do a mock booking to see for myself so I thought I’d just throw that potential warning out there.  Because we usually book FV cabins (which don’t qualify for the free upgrade) and we use a travel agent, I have little current experience with knowing if the upgrade can be had via Celebrity’s web based reservation system. 

• Like 1