Pricing showing as unavailable

lilaw88

Posted (edited)

Could be a number of reasons up to and including Princess IT issues. Did you check to see if Regal is part of a Cruise Tour at that time? If the tour portion has reached capacity that can affect the cruise portion. I know that's the case with our Cruise Tour next fall.

Edited by Thrak

On 7/20/2024 at 11:00 AM, lilaw88 said:

I tried to book the Regal Princess for 8/31 but it is showing pricing unavailable. Why is that?

Are you trying to book for 8/31/24?  The reason I ask is that I am booked on the 8/10/24 cruise to Alaska and was getting the same message when I was trying to see if anything was available for upgrade.  I had my TA call on two separate occasions and was told that there were no cabins available.  If that were true, then why didn't Princess just list the cruise as sold out.  Anyway, in checking other dates (2025) I am running into problems with trying to book balcony cabins as they say sold out.  I find that hard to believe that this statement is for a lot of the itineraries that I have been looking at --- and, to add to the confusion, the same thing was happening when I searched on the Holland America board.  Someone is playing games somewhere.

14 minutes ago, lilaw88 said:

I was told there is a waiting list but if it's sold out why doesn't it just say it?

I was told that there was a waiting list as well and do agree that the cruise should just be marked as sold out.  The Princess rep. told my TA that I should just get on the ship ASAP and get to Guest Services right away and see if anything had become available at the last minute.  I told my TA that I wasn't that desperate.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I have been interested before in an upgrade  & waited until I got on the ship & asked & they had a list of available staterooms. 

Tom😀

Edited by trbarton

1 minute ago, trbarton said:

I have been interested before in an upgrade  & waited until I got on the ship & asked & they had a list of available staterooms. 

Tom😀

Thank you for the post.  When you got on the ship and asked about available rooms, did you see the pricing?  If so,  were the prices inflated?  Or reasonable? 

40 minutes ago, Italy52 said:

Thank you for the post.  When you got on the ship and asked about available rooms, did you see the pricing?  If so,  were the prices inflated?  Or reasonable? 

They did explain the price & I already knew the difference btw what I paid & the difference to the next level & it was a very good price, reasonable. I wanted to go from an Ocean View to a Balcony. 

I’ve been trying to make a bid for my September Alaska cruise & since it won’t let me bid I plan to ask once I’m on the ship. Even if Princess site shows that none are available it still doesn’t hurt to ask what upgrades are available. 

Tom😀

2 minutes ago, trbarton said:

They did explain the price & I already knew the difference btw what I paid & the difference to the next level & it was a very good price, reasonable. I wanted to go from an Ocean View to a Balcony. 

I’ve been trying to make a bid for my September Alaska cruise & since it won’t let me bid I plan to ask once I’m on the ship. Even if Princess site shows that none are available it still doesn’t hurt to ask what upgrades are available. 

Tom😀

Thank you.  I would be looking at an inside to a balcony.  Since there is no pricing information available, I don't have anything to judge pricing.