Diamond Princess Dining Room Seating.

I wonder if someone who is familiar with the Diamonds MDR seating could possibly answer the following question for us. We have reserved a table for two at the time we wish to dine for our entire Christmas/New Year Cruise later this year.  When we sailed on the Majestic last year unfortunately our table for 2 was so close to surrounding tables we couldn't hold a quiet conversation as I couldn't hear my daughter clearly... (I certainly heard the louder diners right next to us... which was quite unsettling at times) Guests and waitstaff coming and going from the other tables bumped ours and often came perilously close to knocking cutlery and glasses etc.

To make matters worse there was only one proper dining chair at the table, the other seat being a long immovable bench type seat shared by others. We found this a very uncomfortable way to eat at the table 😞

Could anyone please tell me if this is the setup on the Diamond? and if so does anyone have any bright ideas to overcome these issues. 

We eat lunch in the Buffet but always eat dinner in one of the Main Dining Rooms.

Thank you 😊 

I was very fortunate to secure a table for two in the Santa Fe MDR.  One of the best tables in the house.  Shear luck, but was able to reserve it for every night at the same time (pre new dining guidelines).

There was a walkway separating the Reserve Collection from the MDR.  We sat along the railing parallel to the walkway.  One table in front of us.  One table behind us.  Wait station across from our table.  Very little foot traffic for the early time.

i am sure that all 4 dining rooms have the same set up.  I do not know how you can request such a location.  Embarkation lunch will be in the Aft dining room so no way to ask for the table until dinner time.  

The best I can recommend is that you reserve a table for two in the Santa Fe MDR.  

17 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

The best I can recommend is that you reserve a table for two in the Santa Fe MDR.  

Unfortunately the only suitable options open to us within the new dining options setup are the Vivaldi and Savoy. We are booked in the Savoy.

The 4 MDRs on deck 5 and 6 midship should all have the same floor plan with the walkway separating each dining room in half.  If you can get a table along the walkway, you should be good.  The only tables that may be claustrophobic are the ones along the inside wall.  

My experience is that Princess restaurant staff are happy to try and accommodate any reasonable request. Ask on the first night if you can have a quiet table, or one away from big groups etc. If you find one you like, ask if it can be assigned to you, or if you don't like it ask the next night to sit elsewhere. I've heard people make these requests before and the staff will do their best to make it work.

• Like 1

@nzrainbow, fyi, Savoy does have a few 2 tops that are standalone meaning they are NOT part of the bench seating, where one person is on a long shared bench and the other passenger sits across and the tables are close to each other.

Ask to be seated at one of these tables. They will be next to a wall or a railing.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, wallyj said:

@nzrainbow, fyi, Savoy does have a few 2 tops that are standalone meaning they are NOT part of the bench seating, where one person is on a long shared bench and the other passenger sits across and the tables are close to each other.

Ask to be seated at one of these tables. They will be next to a wall or a railing.

Oh, thank you so much, that's what we were hoping to hear 🙂 The Grand has standalone 2 tops like this and that is  preferable for us. We will ask nicely on the first night for one and then hopefully we could have it every night 🙂