Turning 21 during cruise, ok to get a drink?

From the Carnival website...

Drinking Alcohol On Board

The minimum age for the purchase and/or consumption of alcoholic beverages in the bars, lounges and gift shops is 21 years of age. Carnival reserves the right to request ID prior to the purchase of alcohol and refuse the sale of alcohol to anyone. 

16 hours ago, BlerkOne said:

Your perspective is interesting.

Perspective?

You said folks under 21 can't book a cabin.

I showed that almost all cruise lines allow certain people under 21 to book a cabin, by quoting their own policies.

No perspective involved.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, aborgman said:

Perspective?

You said folks under 21 can't book a cabin.

I showed that almost all cruise lines allow certain people under 21 to book a cabin, by quoting their own policies.

No perspective involved.

Now you're just posting falsehoods.

9 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

Now you're just posting falsehoods.

23 hours ago, BlerkOne said:

Just a guess - under 21 couldn't book a cabin so need their permission just to be on the cruise?

21 hours ago, aborgman said:

Huh... I wonder what forum we're posting on?

You specifically said, in a stand alone post - "under 21 couldn't book a cabin".

...but under 21 CAN book a cabin on Carnival.

That being said - the exact same exemptions applies widely -

Royal:

"This age limit will be waived for children sailing with their parents or guardians in connecting staterooms; for underage married couples; and for active duty members of the United States or Canadian military."

Norwegian:

" Two people under the age of 21 may travel together in the same stateroom if they are a married couple and provide proof of marriage to a Norwegian Cruise Line representative at the pier prior to boarding."

Celebrity:

"This age limit will be waived for: minor children sailing with their parents or guardians in adjacent staterooms; for underage married couples; and for active duty members of the United States or Canadian military."

Cunard: only have to be 18 to reserve a room

Disney: only have to be 18 to reserve a room

Oceania: only have to be 18 to reserve a room

Princess: An exception may be made for underage married couples, as long as they are both 18

Regent: only have to be 18 to reserve a room

Viking: only have to be 18 to reserve a room

Virgin:

The minimum age to book is 21 years old unless a Sailor meets one of the “under 21 adult” criteria which are:

Sailors are legally married (should be prepared to provide proof at boarding).

Sailors are active military (Sailors should be prepared to provide proof at boarding).

Quite the stalker.

8 minutes ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

This is the Carnival Cruise Line subforum.  Are you thinking you are posting on the RCI board?

I believe it was quoted simply to show that some cruise lines actually define what happens if a guest turns 21 during the cruise.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

This is the Carnival Cruise Line subforum.  Are you thinking you are posting on the RCI board?

No, Did it confuse you?

Unlike Carnival, the information was clear and easy to find on the Royal site. Competitors often have more in common than different.

1 hour ago, BlerkOne said:

No, Did it confuse you?

Unlike Carnival, the information was clear and easy to find on the Royal site. Competitors often have more in common than different.

Apparently, it did confuse me.  The question at hand is what is Carnival's policy regarding turning 21 while on the cruise.  RCI's policy, and how easy it is to find, isn't relevant to me because Carnival's policy may be completely different (like how RCI used to let 18 year olds drink with a note from parents), and I suspect no-one else on this thread found it relevant other than you. 

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

Apparently, it did confuse me.  The question at hand is what is Carnival's policy regarding turning 21 while on the cruise.  RCI's policy, and how easy it is to find, isn't relevant to me because Carnival's policy may be completely different (like how RCI used to let 18 year olds drink with a note from parents), and I suspect no-one else on this thread found it relevant other than you. 

Welcome to Cruise Critic. It seems no one has found Carnival's official policy yet. I suspect your suspicion is wrong.

Edited by BlerkOne