Staying signed in and booking excursions

mlmdaisy

This is merely an annoying glitch but I'm wondering if this is only me.  I select "remember me" on the Oceania website.  When I return to it, I am recognized by name, but when I go to my booking I have to log in again.  Does this happen to anyone else?

I am planning to book five excursions to get the discount.  I had called for an explanation regarding the discount and was told it was better to choose excursions by calling back.  Does anyone know why I can't do this on the website?  Will the 25% discount not be applied?

Don't frustrate yourself doing the excursions online.  I have not had any luck trying to get the 25% discount online.  I always call and get the discount that way.  As far as the website remembering my login, it never does.  O's website is not the best,  

I have learned that you need to book all of the required excursions together in order for the discount to apply,  If you book a few and then go back later and add a few more to reach the required discount, it does not work.

When looking at the accounting online for excursions, it looks very wanky.  I choose the excursions I want,  write down the discounted price as shown on the webpage, add up the discounted price to come up with the correct total and then check that against the bottom line total and usually it matches.

Calling O also is quick and easy and the accounting is correct - I still have my own calculations to verify...

“Keep me signed in” doesn’t work on Oceania website. I also find it annoying. 

As for booking excursions, I just made reservation for our future cruise and had no problem receiving 25% discount online. When there was a sufficient amount of tours and “book a SM package” selected the discount was automatically applied and the total price was reduced accordingly.

• Like 2

Another reason to call is to get the pdfs showing the itemized accounting for the chosen shorex; if you use a TA they will/should send them. Bring them on your cruise in case there are any glitches.

Thanks, all!  I had already booked two excursions without the discount, so I may have to wind up calling.  I'm glad it's not only me about the login.

11 minutes ago, mlmdaisy said:

Thanks, all!  I had already booked two excursions without the discount, so I may have to wind up calling.  I'm glad it's not only me about the login.

Yes, if you book piecemeal, you will to call your TA (or Oceania) to get it applied.  Make sure you have them all booked before you call, so you don't have to call a second time.

8 minutes ago, mlmdaisy said:

Will I have to pay before calling and be refunded or can I leave them in my cart?  Will the agent see my cart?

Just leave them in the cart and agent will fix everything for you.

@mlmdaisy You will need to logout before the agent can see your cart. This is how I book shorex...add what I want to the online cart then call O to book; repeat as needed. If you want to cancel one or want to rebook something (e.g., change time), you'll also need to call.