Will the growing anti-tourism lead to problems for Cunard at ports?

3 minutes ago, TowandaUK said:

We live 30 mins from the Jurassic coast so know it well shoreside. It would be good to see it from the sea, but the main reason for going is to try out QM2, we’ve been on Anne, and have Victoria booked, but would like to try QM2. 

If the sun shines, it will be lovely. But I do wonder how close you’ll get. Mind you, there is so much to do on QM2 usually, you may not have time to look out much.

I’m guessing they will want to get out of territorial waters pretty quickly so there won’t be much of a view. Does the description say they’ll do a scenic cruise of the coast? That would be nice if they do. It’s very pretty.

It’s titled Scenic Jurassic Coast Voyage. Having read the descriptions of the scenic part of the naming voyage I am under no illusions that we shall be in sight of the shore despite the title. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, TowandaUK said:

We have a 2 nighter booked on QM2 in 2026. It just cruises along the Jurassic coast for a couple of days and returns to Southampton. We are using it as a taster for QM2. It is immediately after a dry dock so we are aware that it could be cancelled if the dry dock over runs. 

Prior to a voyage to Norway last year I was most concerned about anti tourist protests and posters reported in the news. We never had any problems whatsoever, and never saw a single poster despite prior warnings that they would be plastered everywhere in the ports. 

I have booked that too. I am a bit more inland than you - New Forest but thought it sounded a good opportunity for a short break. My daughter lives by the sea in Devon so I am hoping we will go that far. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Winifred 22 said:

I have booked that too. I am a bit more inland than you - New Forest but thought it sounded a good opportunity for a short break. My daughter lives by the sea in Devon so I am hoping we will go that far. 

That’s lovely. Good to know you will be onboard too. 

Edited by TowandaUK
  • Like 1