Adding new passengers to current booking

DH and I have a booked a 2-bedroom upper suite for a future cruise on X.  We are approaching final payment.  Close friends recently mentioned that they would like to cruise with us on that one and are willing to pay what X charges for paz #3 and 4.   Anyone have any experience with doing this "after the fact" of reserving the cruise?

Posted (edited)

They will pay whatever the current published fare is for 3rd and 4th passengers in your suite category. And although it should not be an issue based on your suite configuration, the ability to add them would be subject to the actual total booked passenger number at the time relative to maximum lifeboat capacity of the ship and your muster station. I only mention this as you indicate you are reaching final payment and this is a late booking add, which means the ship is likely to be very booked.

As mentioned by @Georgia_Peaches, you need to contact whomever you originally booked through and they will assist with your booking modification.

Edited by leaveitallbehind
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, leaveitallbehind said:

And although it should not be an issue based on your suite configuration, it will be subject to the actual total booked passenger number at the time relative to maximum lifeboat capacity of the ship.

Excellent point!  

Edited by Georgia_Peaches

30 minutes ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

Yes.  Not hard at all.  Did you use a TA?  If so, have them take care of it for you.  If not, simply call celebrity to get it done.

30 minutes ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

Yes.  Not hard at all.  Did you use a TA?  If so, have them take care of it for you.  If not, simply call celebrity to get it done.

23 minutes ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

Excellent point!  

Thanks Georgia_Peaches!  This issue arose last evening and I was concerned.........now I can rest easy 🙂

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, leaveitallbehind said:

They will pay whatever the current published fare is for 3rd and 4th passengers in your suite category. And although it should not be an issue based on your suite configuration, the ability to add them would be subject to the actual total booked passenger number at the time relative to maximum lifeboat capacity of the ship and your muster station. I only mention this as you indicate you are reaching final payment and this is a late booking add, which means the ship is likely to be very booked.

As mentioned by @Georgia_Peaches, you need to contact whomever you originally booked through and they will assist with your booking modification.

Excellent point.  Thanks leaveitallbehind!  Just checked capacity and am looking good.

• Like 1