B2B Logistics Question, Seashore

Morgsmom

Ok, here's a question. DH and I will be in YC on Seashore for a 7 night cruise.  I'm considering staying on for an additional 4 nights to join some friends who are sailing the Sunday - Thursday trip.  (DH will go back to work and take care of the pets 😉  thanks, honey).  

I would be transferring to a non-YC room.  What do I do with my luggage in that case?  How do you transfer rooms and get new cards on a B2B if you are switching that way?  (This would be on the Seashore in Pt Canaveral).

Posted (edited)

Your butler will pass it off to the cabin steward for your next cabin, it might get left outside if the butler can't find the new cabin's steward.   You don't have to leave it out the night before.  You should keep your personal items with you and they will let you wait in the Yacht Club until they get the word for you to go to the B2B meeting point.  From there on you will follow the regular B2B process. 

ETA: It's likely you will need to get your next cruise card from guest services the last evening.  Be sure to check off the ship with the old card and back on with the new card. 

Edited by Até
  • Like 1

You will get a sheet of instructions from guest services.  There will be luggage tags specifically for B2 B cruisers, with place to fill in old and new cabin numbers.  They will tell you where and when to meet for the immigration walkoff.  I did it non-YC on Seaside in Port Canaveral last year and there was  YC couple in the group.  EM

IMG_3550.jpeg

IMG_3551.jpeg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Essiesmom said:

There will be luggage tags specifically for B2 B cruisers, with place to fill in old and new cabin numbers.

So did you have to leave your luggage out on the last night for it to be moved to the next cabin?   Or were you able to leave it in the cabin? 

I've only done one non-YC to non-YC B2B in 2019 and the cabin steward told us to leave the luggage in our cabin and he moved it to our new cabin while we went through immigration.  No luggage tags were given to us, although I did put on the ones I had printed just to be sure.

For both our YC to non-YC B2Bs we did the same.  Left the luggage in the cabin with our own tags.  I can see having those in transit luggage tags being helpful but not if you have to leave it out the last night.

• Like 1

I was only moving three cabins down the corridor.  In fact the papers and tags were never delivered to my cabin.  I made three or four trips to guest services who insisted I would get them, then finally gave me some.  The original packet appeared on the bed in my new cabin, after I had moved.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

If you are B2B and changing cabins, Do not leave luggage outside cabin the night before. Leave inside your cabin and butler and new attendant will get it moved to your new one.  Be sure to follow instructions received the night before moving.  

• Like 1