Booked my first Celebrity cruise.

Having done many Royal Carib cruises as well as 1 on Carival and 1 on Virgin, I have just booked my first Celebrity cruise for next year.

Am quite excited, even though after my last cruise (Virgin) I swore that I would only ever cruise Virgin again as it was that good.

Can anyone offer any tips for Celebrity Edge? We on the 12 night cruise to New Zealand in April 25.

• Like 1

Get your status matched for starters, that may provide some benefits. Celebrity and Royal have some tier matching. E.g. Diamond equals Elite.

Depending on your status, there is laundry, happy hours, breakfasts, priorities and discounts.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

Get your status matched for starters, that may provide some benefits. Celebrity and Royal have some tier matching. E.g. Diamond equals Elite.

Depending on your status, there is laundry, happy hours, breakfasts, priorities and discounts.

Yes I did that. Thanks.

I see there is a 2 hour happy hour every night for my status. 

• Like 1

It’s a beautiful ship with quality furniture.

If you match over to elite or better you get the happy hour .

The happy hour is pretty much a football scrum. You find a nice place to sit about 4:00 and at 5:00 it’s survival of the fittest. Royal’s vouchers are much more practical ,they might be introduced by your cruise.

There’s no decent free coffee so take a coffee plunger and the cabin attendant will get a kettle.

I would consider the drink package because prices are higher than R.C . The happy hour only gets the lowest quality drinks and if you want better you have to pay .

I bought a Makers mark and coke $ US 19.50 , coffee was about $6 

Theres some good fares on Edge at the moment,it’s actually cheaper than Anthem.

Our December 2023 cruise was on Celebrity Edge. It was our first Celebrity cruise and we loved it. We have cruised on many different cruise lines and found Celebrity was one of the best. We liked it so much we booked another Celebrity cruise whilst still on board.

We were in an infinite balcony cabin in Aqua class. I'm not sure how we ended up with a drinks package as we don't drink alcohol, but ended up with many really good coffees which we'd often take back to drink on our "balcony" which we used much more often than we use regular balconies.

Being in Aqua class, we had free access to the thermal suite which was very good, except it didn't have its own spa.

The food was great and the buffet had an extensive selection which varied from day to day.

I was hoping to book one of Edge's larger sisters (as there are supposed to be some improvements) but they are mainly sailing around the Caribbean .