Has anyone sailed in a G2 aft facing on Grandeur?

I've always wondered what a psychologist would have to say about people who prefer aft-facing vs. forward-facing suites.

A/B, Venus/Mars, left/right brain, etc.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Kane said:

I've always wondered what a psychologist would have to say about people who prefer aft-facing vs. forward-facing suites.

A/B, Venus/Mars, left/right brain, etc.

I've preferred a tail wind to a head wind.

However I've too wondered what a psychologist would have to say about people who ask what a psychologist would say. 🤪

• Haha 3

Spot on observation 😁😁😁

One guy we occasionally cruise with is a clinical psychologist.  Fun guy but, even over cocktails, impossible to get a psych opinion from.  Basically, no opinion without direct examination of the subject.  (I hope he doesn't keep private notes on me 🙂

Closing note: Skill beating upwind wins races;  sailing downwind with a Mai Tai in hand is a lot more fun.

• Like 1

We had a rear facing G2 on Explorer.  Cabin was a little tight for three adults but we managed.  

Big issues are:

Balcony railing is steel so you can't see anything but sky when sitting on balcony.

Ship would shudder when you had following seas; quite annoying.

FdR special on new ships is no rear entrance into Compass Rose; long walk to forward elevators to get to Compass Rose.

After 95 nights in F2 suites on all three new ships; we have switched to side facing G2.

Marc

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, mrlevin said:

After 95 nights in F2 suites on all three new ships; we have switched to side facing G2.

How are the rooms different? 

Edited by GMIAC

51 minutes ago, GMIAC said:

How are the rooms different? 

The side facing G2 are almost identical to basic Mariner shower suites.  Main advantage over F2 is that the curtain separates the bed from the desk; a big annoyance to me in F2. 

Just boarded Splendor and so disappointed in my tiny aft-facing suite. Tried to change but sold out. I was looking forward to watching the wake from my balcony but impossible because of high railing. Wish I!d had this information sooner!

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Mahogany said:

Just boarded Splendor and so disappointed in my tiny aft-facing suite. Tried to change but sold out. I was looking forward to watching the wake from my balcony but impossible because of high railing. Wish I!d had this information sooner!

We agree about the aft facing cabins. The solid metal railings prevent any nice view. Never again getting  an aft cabin on Regent. We were fortunate enough to be in the grand suite with part of the balcony on the side so we could see the ocean when we sat down.  Bad design that we haven't seen on many other cruise lines. When we booked that suite the balcony solid rail didn't enter our minds. So we went out of our way to book a side suite on our last cruise in April. MUCH better!

17 hours ago, Mahogany said:

Thank you for sharing that.  My favorite view is aft facing from our balcony.  What good is it if they block the view with a solid steel wall?

I released the hold on my planned cruise.

Thankx for the replies.

23 hours ago, GMIAC said:

Here's a good video for those who want to see. Sometimes the scenery is out and above the railing.

Thanks for linking the video.  Can be coffee table be made so it is higher for room service?

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, mj_holiday said:

Thanks for linking the video.  Can be coffee table be made so it is higher for room service?

Do you mean the one in the cabin, or on the deck? Either way, both are fixed height, but the one inside is dining level. I suppose it could be moved outside if that's where you wanted to dine.

Edited by GMIAC

GMAIC   Thanks for the quick reply.  The gentleman on the video called it a coffee which caused my question.  I know I am being really picky.  We were in a G2 on Explorer and everything was good except the coffee table which was fixed and low like a coffee table.  And it also had a wire cage around the bottom of it which took away some room for your feet if sitting on the couch.  A table that is dining height and that you can pull up a chair to is good.