When is the best time to purchase a cruise

58 minutes ago, Adventures ahead said:

So, "repriced several times" for the same cruise?

Or "the one time price adjustment" per cruise is all that is allowed? 

I’ve never heard of there being limits to the amount of times you can rebook a cruise before final payment.

3 hours ago, Adventures ahead said:

So, "repriced several times" for the same cruise?

Or "the one time price adjustment" per cruise is all that is allowed? 

Repriced as many times as you like - before final payment!

After final payment you may ask for an adjustment if the price comes down.  Yes, it's a one time deal.  You can pick your spot smartly or do it before the ship completely sells out.  But must be at least 14 days prior to sailing.

If the price continues to fall, that's on you.  NCL allows only 1 repricing after final.

Best pricing on NCL is 3-14 days out based on availability. You'll give up your ability to select a cabin and miss out on any cruise next double up offers, but you'll get a great fare and significantly reduce the likelihood that NCL will rearrange your itinerary and port times for "unforeseen circumstances" like port congestion or environmental initiatives.

• Thanks 1

i finally pulled the trigger on the 21 day cruise from barcelona to south africa, this nov,

ncl dawn, 2 bedroom suite, 3 people, 2987 per person. total 9900 +_ we had a $300 prior credit  so in effect, 9600. not a bad deal, huh?

last payment was due a few weeks ago, but knowing ncl's bad habit of lowering the price after final payment is due, i decided to take my chance and wait them out. may not work for everybody, but in this case patience paid off. i might add that i was willing to wait a few more days, but there were only three 2bedroom cabins left, and because there were 3 of us, i needed this category

• Like 1

I went ahead and booked my cruise using the NCL website.  Its an AFT balcony on the NCL Star for 9 days in October 2025 from London to Lisbon.  Ive no idea if I got a decent price or not.  There were only a couple aft facing balconies left which is what my wife and I always try to book when we cruise.  So, I will check the website from time to time to see if rebooking makes sense.  Thanks for all of your help!

24 minutes ago, RetiredinPanama said:

Ive no idea if I got a decent price or not. 

If you got the cabin you wanted at a price you were willing to pay, I'd say that's a decent price.

• Like 2

" when the moon is in the 7th house, and Jupiter aligns with Mars"  oops im sorry, i just couldnt resist. actually, schmoopie probably gave you the best answer. prices on almost everything are always in some type of flux. read my prior post. i needed the 2 bedroom suite, but booking the cruise wasnt a matter  of life and death. so i waited until over 3 weeks after date of final payment, and when the original price for 3 people was around $15,000, we ended up paying $9600.

i will add however that i get the military discount, my wife gets the cesars 10% entertainment discount and we had a $300 prior credit. even with those, if i booked before final date, it still would have been around $11,000. 

so, if you're willing to play cruise russian roulette, sometimes it pays to wait and wait and wait some more.by the way to any that may be reading this that are sailing on the dawn from barcelona to capetown nov 5th thru the 26th, i look forward to possibly meeting you all

On 7/26/2024 at 5:28 PM, mjkacmom said:

I’ve never heard of there being limits to the amount of times you can rebook a cruise before final payment.

This- Final payment has not been made so I can reprice it as many times as I want. After final payment, you can re-price once and you don't get any $$ back but you can get FCC.

4 hours ago, prov2727 said:

After final payment, you can re-price once and you don't get any $$ back but you can get FCC.

Which is almost as good as cash back if you're planning another cruise. Our cruise dropped $1200 after final payment and that $1200 FCC came in mighty handy on our next cruise.

• Like 1

On 7/24/2024 at 10:03 AM, RetiredinPanama said:

I have found a cruise I like for Octobur 2025.  But I dont know when to get the best pricing, most amenities included, etc.  I know there are a number of cruise sales every year.  And I understand you can request that NCL matches any price reductions.  But generally, when would be the best time to make your reservation and when is the worst.  Thanks!!

What we did is we booked ahead of time a balcony that we would be happy with, however, what we really wanted was a Haven room. Then, they sent email around 120 days to start fishing for bid for upgrades. Since I am a planner and hate the anxiety of waiting, we call and request how much it would cost to pay for the upgrade. It usually has been more sensible than the cost at time of the original booking. 

I usually book cruise 1 year out, to get the cabin I want.  I have noticed lately, that last minute booked are not that much different than booking 1 year out or more.  I have found that the cruise I am currently booked on, 1 year ago, is now 200.00 higher, and not very good cabins available.  I remember just after travel restrictions were lifted, I could get a 5 day cruise ( Out of Los Angeles) for $50.00 per person.  Couldn't go out to dinner for 4 nights at the price.  Those days seem to be gone.  Now, you just get used to ( you really dont have any choice) the higher prices ( on everything, not just cruising).  It the price to pay of you want to do something.

1 hour ago, Joan18 said:

Since I am a planner and hate the anxiety of waiting, we call and request how much it would cost to pay for the upgrade. It usually has been more sensible than the cost at time of the original booking. 

Is the cost for the upgrade more than the highest bid?  I bid on haven for my next cruise, but couldn't bring myself to bid more than just below the center amount.

Everyone is different, and we were really going to place a good bid bc it’s our big anniversary. And when we called, they offered one for a less than what was our top bid idea of a price. It’s just an option. You don’t lose anything calling to ask 3 months closer to your sailing date.