New offer on Virgin Voyage "Kids" Sail Free

LauraLL

I understand the purpose of trying to attract younger cruisers--the type who were in their early ads.  But this is enough to make me avoid these sailings.  True, they aren't the tweens that I avoid on Disney. but they are not my demographic either.  I think VV has had a nice blend of ages on most of the sailings I've been on...but if they attract the 20 year olds, they may be customers for the next 50 years, whereas my age group won't be around that long.  Sorry, I view these cruises as more drinking, more partying.

• Like 1

My purpose of posting was just to provide the information to individuals who may be thinking of booking or have booked and have travelers in this age group.  It is a significant savings. 

Sorry you don't like to travel with younger individuals, but it has been my experience ALL age groups drink and party on a cruise ship. 

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, MNcruisingcouple said:

In 20+ cruises, including our first VV cruise, we've had more issues with complaining 65+ cruisers than we've had with 20-somthing partiers.

I think you misunderstood the poibt 'cantgetin' was making, but actually identified the very issue.

Edited by PlatinumMan

9 hours ago, LauraLL said:

Did not see this posted and thought it may be helpful.  Of course, limitations apply, including holiday sailings.

image.thumb.png.07b4bb04b81c75aa8967924469722bc3.png

Smart marketing move.

Curious if anyone has actually done this.  The terms are a little confusing.

https://www.virginvoyages.com/cruise-deals/young-adult-kids-free-family-cruise

According to this, the child has to be the second individual in the cabin.  3rd and 4th will be charged accordingly.  Does this mean that if you booked with an adult child, the cabin will be reduced by 50%?

16 hours ago, Rogueperson said:

Curious if anyone has actually done this.  The terms are a little confusing.

https://www.virginvoyages.com/cruise-deals/young-adult-kids-free-family-cruise

According to this, the child has to be the second individual in the cabin.  3rd and 4th will be charged accordingly.  Does this mean that if you booked with an adult child, the cabin will be reduced by 50%?

That is my understanding.....you will be charged only the taxes and government fees for the second person.

My youngest is 21. Does anyone know if he will be able to be in the same club as his older brother who is 29? Also will they be allowed to sign themselves out or does one of us have to do that each day?

I know limited laundry is included with “Blue Extras” and DBE’s, but despite the size of the laundry bag, they are incapable of using it at home. Will the room attendant be able to collect it from the Bathroom/Bedroom floor? 

• Haha 4