Orlando MCO airport to Tampa shuttle?

44 minutes ago, 330_cruiser said:

Any one know if Royal Caribbean provide a shuttle from MCO airport to the port of Tampa on the day of the cruise or of any other shared shuttle service?

I'd be surprised.  MCO is ~90 minutes away from Tampa, and Tampa has it's own airport.  You're probably better off looking for private company, but it will likely be expensive. 

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, 330_cruiser said:

Any one know if Royal Caribbean provide a shuttle from MCO airport to the port of Tampa on the day of the cruise or of any other shared shuttle service?

MCO is actually closer to Port Canaveral (cruise port on the east coast of FL) than to Tampa (western side), but RC may still have a bus option. 

I see S.A.M.J.R. just replied as well.

If you haven't already booked your flight, TPA airport is a much more convenient option if you're sailing out of Tampa, especially if you're going to fly in on the day of your cruise. Orlando / Disney traffic can be a nightmare.

Enjoy your cruise!

Edited by TheInnocentAge
  • Thanks 1

Thanks all - unfortunately no direct flights from Ireland to Tampa.. only direct options from Dublin are Miami or Orlando. It’s for a friend of mine who doesn’t drive so looks like a shuttle from Cruise Control or similar is the best option. 

Posted (edited)

I had the same decision to make getting to Tampa for a cruise even though I live 25 minutes from Port Canaveral. Uber, private shuttle, friends, forcing children to drive 5 total hours round trip for us, etc. were all rejected options... At the end of the day, the easiest choice was to rent a car and drive it to Tampa, drop off people and bags at the terminal and then walk 10 minutes from the car drop-off area to the Cruise terminal. Easy stuff and would highly recommend it unless you can't cover less than a mile on foot.

Cost me roughly $70 including tolls and gas. Of course, depending on your party size and bags, you may need to scale up the size of your vehicle and it may cost more.

Finding gas on the way to the port was easy. Ask your phone to plot your course!

Edited by candmfox
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 330_cruiser said:

Thanks all - unfortunately no direct flights from Ireland to Tampa.. only direct options from Dublin are Miami or Orlando. It’s for a friend of mine who doesn’t drive so looks like a shuttle from Cruise Control or similar is the best option. 

Best option is to fly into ATL or CTL and then to TPA. 

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
On 7/26/2024 at 7:10 PM, zqvol said:

Best option is to fly into ATL or CTL and then to TPA. 

If the OP is flying Aer Lingus, they don't fly into ATL, CLT or TPA, just MCO and MIA.

Amtrak has one train daily from Orlando or Kissimmee to Tampa and the Tampa station is close to the cruise ships. But I think it's risky if the train is running late and since it originates at Washington DC, it's likely to be running late.

Edited by KINGBOBOFTHENORTH