Flight time after cruise MCO?

I have 2 cruises on Mardi Gras in PC in January and February.  

I specifically booked 2 flights leaving at 2pm from Orlando to go home.  

Southwest decided to change my flights to leave at 10:55 and 11:10.   😳

Grrr!   I was so happy to buy the airline tickets within minutes of them going on sale just to get the times we needed.  

I have priority debarkation but I’m using Cocoa Beach Shuttle.  

I know it’s risky but has anyone done this?

Only if they can get you to MCO by 9am. and you have some sort of airline priority for luggage drop off.  MCO is the worst with families leaving Disney.  I have been in Sky Priority Delta luggage drop for an hour.  

• Thanks 1

I would see if you can change your flights, those flight times are cutting it close.  There are so many things that could go wrong, what if the ship is delayed getting back, or there is traffic. Then at the airport getting through TSA , and that airport is always busy. 

• Thanks 1

If you have priority disembarkation and you depart the ship in the first wave with your luggage...

AND if your shuttle leaves the port when you get to it and does not have to wait for others.....

AND if you are traveling on a weekend morning, not on a weekday morning.....

AND you have TSA Precheck;

THEN I think you have no problem making those flights.

• Thanks 1

On 7/29/2024 at 8:40 PM, KINGBOBOFTHENORTH said:

If you have priority disembarkation and you depart the ship in the first wave with your luggage...

AND if your shuttle leaves the port when you get to it and does not have to wait for others.....

AND if you are traveling on a weekend morning, not on a weekday morning.....

AND you have TSA Precheck;

THEN I think you have no problem making those flights.

I have most of those options you listed.  I actually spoke with the shuttle company, cruise time parking, and the lady said that as long as I’m out there, it should not be a problem. 

I think they are only allowed to sit for 20 minutes waiting for other passengers in the parking spot.  

I also spoke with my friend, and since we’re both gamblers, we decided to take a chance.  🙂

If they change the flight again, then I will just figure out something else, like an Uber.  Our flights are direct, so I hate to give that up.

if we miss it, I guess we can just grab another flight later, which will mean we’re sitting in the airport for hours. This will mean that we will have to take a flight to the layover, which I’m not crazy about.

Having cruised on the Mardi Gras before, I see that they start dismissing floors before the priority people even get to their meeting spot. This makes it difficult getting on the elevators.

thanks for your input.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, audcc77 said:

If they change the flight again, then I will just figure out something else, like an Uber.  Our flights are direct, so I hate to give that up.

I would add one more thing. Southwest is going through many schedule changes currently and your flights are still many months away. Keep an eye on their schedule because between now and then they might add a new flight closer to your original time. If they do, call them on the phone and ask to be put back on the new flight near your original time. They will see your original res in the system and would probably accommodate your request at no charge.

9 hours ago, KINGBOBOFTHENORTH said:

I would add one more thing. Southwest is going through many schedule changes currently and your flights are still many months away. Keep an eye on their schedule because between now and then they might add a new flight closer to your original time. If they do, call them on the phone and ask to be put back on the new flight near your original time. They will see your original res in the system and would probably accommodate your request at no charge.

Excellent idea. Thanks.