GTY Oceanview Balcony ICON

Yesterday, I happen to check my GTY Oceanview Balcony and noticed they assigned me a room, as well as the other party we are travelling with.

We are 200 and some days out from sailing.  Since I don't have any experience with this, is it normal to be assigned this early?  I did try some mock bookings and noticed cabins are scarce in most categories.  Also from those who have sailed, how is the 14th deck in the front...loud, wavy?  I always sleep like a baby on a ship, but just wondering what others thought.  

28 minutes ago, bobswife91 said:

Since I don't have any experience with this, is it normal to be assigned this early?

No, most reports indicate cabin assignments come well inside final payment. 

I went for a gty ocenview balcony on icon and got deck 14th.  To save money, yes I would do it again on that deck.  There was noise, moving chairs, tables at night, but nothing to keep me from falling alseep, if I had plenty of money, I would not book that deck.  I know that doesn't make sense, but you'll be fine on that deck. I'd choose deck 14 over an inside or ocean view, etc. 

Posted (edited)

If you're not sure you will like deck 14, you can call and possibly have it changed to another location. Once you receive your assigned cabin # you can call and have it changed to any cabin available in the same category. I have three cruises booked with GTY rooms. One I received my assigned cabin over 300 days out. I called and had it changed to a different deck and location that I preferred but still in the same category (Balcony D4). My other two cruises are past final payment and have not been assign a cabin yet. It's not as easy to find a better location closer to your sail date, but it can still be done. Back in the spring I was able to change to a better location the week before we sailed. It all depends on what is available in your category.

Edited by bluewater1298

I am actually not worried about deck 14.  I was just surprised to actually have a cabin assigned long before my final payment.  In case my husband wants to move, bluewater1298, who do I call, Royal or my agent?

2 hours ago, bobswife91 said:

I am actually not worried about deck 14.  I was just surprised to actually have a cabin assigned long before my final payment.  In case my husband wants to move, bluewater1298, who do I call, Royal or my agent?

You call whomever you booked with to make changes to your booking. Always. My TA would move me, dont know about yours. He says easy to do himself.

• 2 weeks later...