Lenses for Antarctica

Going to Antarctica in February and would like to be prepared but keep packing to a minimum.  My go to camera body is a Nikon Z7II, and backup is a Nikon D750 which I usually bring along as a spare body with a low power zoom. For upcoming trip I'd like to acquire a super telephoto zoom, somewhere in the 100-400 mm range. Does anyone have any experience using a F mount lens on a Z mount camera with FTZ adapter. Thinking I could bring only 1 long lens and save weight and packing space? 

• Like 1

I am not a Nikon user, but I wonder if the recent Nikkor Z 28-400mm f/4-8 VR would suit your needs? Obviously the long zoom range means some compromises like slow aperture range (especially in the telephoto end), but certainly the zoom range would be awesome for travel photography.

• Like 1

I would bring a backup that is 100% compatible w my goto camera.  That means that you have to bring one of everything instead of 2 of everything.  Also all the muscle memory that you are used to with your goto camera will carry over to the backup.  Rent your 2nd camera if necessary.  Compared with the cost of your trip the cost of the backup camera will be cheap.

DON

• Like 1