Canary Islands

Posted (edited)
On 8/20/2024 at 12:03 AM, phabric said:

I heard Brits go there for their holidays for the warm weather.

As mentioned upthread, I am one such. We have a three week stay in Tenerife each year, usually in January (although we were there for Christmas last year). I've never stayed in November but I know that, whilst the Canaries is a year round tourist area, that month is probably the quietest. Some tourist businesses will close for the own holidays or to undertake refurbishment work. They then reopen for the very busy Christmas period. 

The weather between late autumn and mid spring is usually very pleasant. Shorts & T shirts during the day, with temperatures in the mid-20s. Usually a bit chilly in the evening - I need long trousers and a light jacket. You can get some rain but its often at night and showers don't usually last long. 

John Bull mentions a sand storm - known in Tenerife as a calima. These develop at fairly short notice and can be quite severe. Folk, like me, who have chest issues may find it particularly difficult. I've only experienced a calima once  and that was on the last day of the holiday. I did find it difficult to breathe - had it not been the last day and needing to get to the airport, I would have stayed indoors. 

Edited by Harters

Thank you for the helpful information.

I have a 12 day Canary Island cruise for November 2025 with ports-

Southampton,

Vigo, Spain, 

Funchal, Portugal 

Tenerife, Spain

Las Palmas, Spain

Lanzarote, Spain

Lisbon, Portugal 

Southampton

After I booked with Princess, a British Travel Agency took over selling the ship and Princess is no longer selling the 12 or 28 day cruises.

There will be a lot of British passengers on the sailing.