Seashore YC

mica178

Do they send out a pre-cruise email for preferences? I recall getting a concierge email and pre-cruise questionnaire last year when we did YC on Seaside. But so far, no such email for my upcoming (6 days to go!) Seashore sailing. What gives?

We had two cabins booked - daughter got form and sent one to me - I never did get one from MSC - but even though I filled one out I felt it didn’t really matter - once on board we went all over it again.

• Like 1

Untitled-Copy.jpg

I still get the email that leads to the above. 

The choices make it to the ship about 50% of the time. Whatever you prefer can be taken care of while on the ship. It's probably just a market survey, anyway. 

• Like 1

1. Thanks!  Next question(s) for those who have sailed in the YC on Caribbean routes during storms/heavy rain:
  2. 1. How crowded do Top Sail and the YC restaurant get on rainy days?
  3. 2. Does MSC tend to change ports or just skip them if they re-route for storm activity?
  4. 3. How heavy does the rain have to be for them to serve the OH lunch in the YC restaurant?
  5. 4. Not related to the rain: the itinerary states overnight in OC, but the departure time is noon on the second day. Do they expect us to lunch on the island with such an early departure time if we don't want buffet food??

1 hour ago, mica178 said:
  1. Thanks!  Next question(s) for those who have sailed in the YC on Caribbean routes during storms/heavy rain:
  2. 1. How crowded do Top Sail and the YC restaurant get on rainy days?
  3. 2. Does MSC tend to change ports or just skip them if they re-route for storm activity?
  4. 3. How heavy does the rain have to be for them to serve the OH lunch in the YC restaurant?
  5. 4. Not related to the rain: the itinerary states overnight in OC, but the departure time is noon on the second day. Do they expect us to lunch on the island with such an early departure time if we don't want buffet food??

1. It depends. Some folks might go to their cabin for a nap or head to the Sauna/Thermal area

2. Skip the ports; changing ports is a huge logistical deal UNLESS the whole route flips from say Eastern to Western Caribbean

3. More than a fair bit; we've had outside lunch in Norway on the Euribia and while it was cold, it was dry

4.  There will be no lunch/food on the island the 2nd day at Ocean Cay 

• Like 1