Grandiosa Studio Balcony

duffydaf

Going on my third cruise in October but a bit shy about my cabin now.

I’ve booked a studio balcony cabin 13265 but I’m unable to find pictures or something about the cabin.

Is there anyone who can help me with this please?

Thanks a lot for easing my mind.

I'm sure she will be along soon to answer any questions but here's a trip report Jamie did from her studio balcony on a similar ship. 

Similar cabin video:

My overall take on the studio balcony:

Pros

• Amazing balcony with an amazing view
  • Get a balcony for a solo price
  • Cute and cozy
  • Plenty of bathroom storage for one person

Cons

• When sofa is folded out into a bed, it blocks access to the closet and mini-fridge. I just had my steward make up the couch cushions as a bed.
  • Closet is quite small. My laundry hamper didn't fit in the bottom like it usually does, so I had to place that on the floor next to the couch.
  • Edge of the bathtub (yes these cabins have a bathtub for some reason) is quite high, making it a little difficult to get in and out safely.
  • Looooooong walk from the "aft" elevators to the very back of the ship
  • Overall this would not be a good cabin for anyone with mobility issues or back issues.

In general, I loved my little balcony cabin and have one booked again for Halloween of 2025. The size of and views from the balcony itself more than made up for the "bad" stuff. I spent a LOT of time out there on the balcony enjoying the wake and the amazing sail away views.

1 hour ago, JamieLogical said:

My overall take on the studio balcony:

Pros

• Amazing balcony with an amazing view
  • Get a balcony for a solo price
  • Cute and cozy
  • Plenty of bathroom storage for one person

Cons

• When sofa is folded out into a bed, it blocks access to the closet and mini-fridge. I just had my steward make up the couch cushions as a bed.
  • Closet is quite small. My laundry hamper didn't fit in the bottom like it usually does, so I had to place that on the floor next to the couch.
  • Edge of the bathtub (yes these cabins have a bathtub for some reason) is quite high, making it a little difficult to get in and out safely.
  • Looooooong walk from the "aft" elevators to the very back of the ship
  • Overall this would not be a good cabin for anyone with mobility issues or back issues.

In general, I loved my little balcony cabin and have one booked again for Halloween of 2025. The size of and views from the balcony itself more than made up for the "bad" stuff. I spent a LOT of time out there on the balcony enjoying the wake and the amazing sail away views.

I believe these cabins connect to a larger cabin next to it so it can also be an extension of those cabins for a family type cabin. Was there a door connecting it to the adjacent cabin? If so, did you hear any noise through the connecting door? 

2 minutes ago, JT1962 said:

I believe these cabins connect to a larger cabin next to it so it can also be an extension of those cabins for a family type cabin. Was there a door connecting it to the adjacent cabin? If so, did you hear any noise through the connecting door? 

Yes, there was a connecting door. No, I never heard a peep through it. I just put my hamper in front of it because there wasn't enough room in the closet and then proceeded to forget that it even existed. It was a total non-issue.

• Like 1

Oh, one thing I forgot to mention in my post above. If you can, get one of these on Deck 13 instead of 14. The ones on 14 are directly below the buffet, which was *almost* never an issue except very early in the morning when they started moving a lot of stuff around to prepare for breakfast. I suspect that after the late-night snack closes, they put up all the chairs and such so they can clean the floors. Early in the morning, I want to say between 4:00 and 5:00, they would then be putting all the furniture back and you could hear it all being dragged around. It would briefly wake me up every morning. You could avoid this issue entirely if you have one of these cabins one deck lower.