question about upgrade

@dpepper64

The wording of the Latitudes benefits page states:-

• Earn 1 additional point per night when booking a Suite* or in The Haven
  • *Full fare suites booked when reservation was originally made. Does not include mini-suites.

I expect that NCL will read that you didn't actually BOOK the Haven so don't be surprised if you don't get the extra point.

BUT you never know with NCL!!   The actual wording is, as usual with NCL, open to at least two interpretations. 

If I was to fight it I would point out the inclusion of "or in" overrules the work "booking" which, as it is written, therefore excludes the need to originally book The Haven.

From Latitudes Rewards FAQ’s:

The additional point per night for staying in a Suite or in The Haven is only applicable to reservations where a full fare Suite or The Haven was booked when the reservation was originally made.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, dpepper64 said:

We have won an  upgrade for a haven and was wondering if we get the 3 points per night status even though we started at balcony  Thanks for the help

You get one additional point per night

2 hours ago, dpepper64 said:

We have won an  upgrade for a haven and was wondering if we get the 3 points per night status even though we started at balcony  Thanks for the help

Unfortunately, no.  The terms of the upgrade program indicate that although you get to enjoy the more desirable room, you do not receive either the extra Latitudes points, any additional specialty restaurant nights, or certain other perks that would apply if you had originally booked the Haven room instead of winning an upgrade.

2 hours ago, dpepper64 said:

Congrats on the upgrade.  I bid on an upgrade on my next cruise, but am not hopeful.  Did you bid the max or middle or ???

I thought suites (when booked) got 2 points per night?? Did you book an Insider Offer?

16 hours ago, Anoynmous Phoenix said:

@CILCIANRQTS

Thanks I should have guessed that NCL would cover themselves.

They now need to rewrite

• Earn 1 additional point per night when booking a Suite* or in The Haven

as

• Earn 1 additional point per night when originally booking a Suite* or The Haven

Mike,

NCL may be splitting hairs (or is it hares?), but the current language in the T&C is correct.  The OP booked a Balcony.  They won an upgrade bid to the Haven.  They may get lucky and receive extra Latitude points, but the T&C for upgrades are sufficiently straightforward that NCL does not owe them anything more than just moving up to a nicer room.

James

18 minutes ago, Anoynmous Phoenix said:

@The Traveling Man

I agree James but I wish that NCL would have the same information in different places.   It is me splitting hairs as NCL will NOT proof read their material so that it states clearly what NCL intends it to say and mean.

Mike

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Anoynmous Phoenix said:

@The Traveling Man

I agree James but I wish that NCL would have the same information in different places.   It is me splitting hairs as NCL will NOT proof read their material so that it states clearly what NCL intends it to say and mean.

Mike

You're right.  They have some rules and regulations listed in multiple locations on their website and within the cruise contract.  It's not hard to find examples of where they change or update the rules, but only post the new info in one place, leaving conflicting statements in other places.  For example, the rules about prohibited items.

23 hours ago, The Traveling Man said:

Unfortunately, no.  The terms of the upgrade program indicate that although you get to enjoy the more desirable room, you do not receive either the extra Latitudes points, any additional specialty restaurant nights, or certain other perks that would apply if you had originally booked the Haven room instead of winning an upgrade.

We have got the extra point on all of our bid upgrades. What is your actual experience with winning an upgrade and the points awarded?

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

We have got the extra point on all of our bid upgrades. What is your actual experience with winning an upgrade and the points awarded?

Only won a bid for the Haven once, on the Breakaway in January 2016.  We did not get any additional Latitude points, just the one per night that we rated for booking a Balcony.  It certainly is possible that things have changed since then.