Cruise Addicts R Us

On 8/28/2024 at 10:40 AM, ceeceeDee said:

Breaking News!!!!!!!!!

The entry hallway is clear and I have an email from the recycling facility advising that $ have been transferred to our account! (Well, HIS account but I'll snaffle that very quickly for the cruise account! 😂). Obviously when I gave him the infamous LOOK, he wilted.

I have two bachelor BILs contributing to my Granddaughters account via recycling, so far in 6 months she has $200 plus, the only catch is I am doing the recycling by picking them up from their place.

• Like 2

On 8/28/2024 at 11:34 AM, arxcards said:

If you have quantity, try the automated one at Cardiff. Like the new one I tried at Rutherford, for these ones you just empty the whole bin/bag into the hopper and it feeds them into the machine automatically. So quick.

We have similar and it pays cash.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, arxcards said:

There is a Mr Bean on most cruises, and sometimes you don't have to look very far.

Yep, several I would think.

Debarked today, home for 5 days and apparently we now have a cat.

Also my son, and his family. They moved in while we were away while they sell their house and we have been relegated to the guest bedroom for our brief visit.

• Like 2
  • Haha 8

This topic brings me so much joy!  Hubby and I just came home from a cruise on Tuesday,   We sail again 21st - 28th November on RCI and after catching up with this topic again it inspired me to book a Princess cruise sailing 3rd December.   Yes, only 5 days gap between cruises.  We have already booked 4 cruises for next year and will have done 6 this year.  Maybe I should stop reading this topic as it keeps reminding me of how much we really love cruising and definitely encourages me to be a cruiseaholic! LOL

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, ddvgww said:

This topic brings me so much joy!  Hubby and I just came home from a cruise on Tuesday,   We sail again 21st - 28th November on RCI and after catching up with this topic again it inspired me to book a Princess cruise sailing 3rd December.   Yes, only 5 days gap between cruises.  We have already booked 4 cruises for next year and will have done 6 this year.  Maybe I should stop reading this topic as it keeps reminding me of how much we really love cruising and definitely encourages me to be a cruiseaholic! LOL

Yes, definitely out of control. Similarly, one cruise next Feb wasn't enough, so we have gone with 3 ships from 3 different lines with only one day on land between the 1st two. Funny how these things evolve.

• Like 5

7 hours ago, ddvgww said:

DW & I are also sailing on Ovation OTS on 21st November which will be our 15th wedding anniversary. (I think this will be our 29th cruise! 😱)

The Roll Call for this cruise is very quiet, but do pop in for a chat. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Sparky74 said:

DW & I are also sailing on Ovation OTS on 21st November which will be our 15th wedding anniversary. (I think this will be our 29th cruise! 😱)

The Roll Call for this cruise is very quiet, but do pop in for a chat. 

Congratulations on your wedding anniversary.  What a beautiful way to celebrate it!  We have been married for 52 years. This cruise will be our 50th cruise as we started cruising in 2009.  We wanted to make it extra special so we are celebrating by shouting our family a free cruise so we can all be together to celebrate this milestone.   None of them have cruised before so I'm hoping they enjoy the experience as much as we do.  There will be 10 of us, Davy and I, our 2 sons and daughter-in-laws, and 4 grandchildren,  3 grandsons, 12, 11 and 7 years old and our 8 year old granddaughter.   I am so excited and happy about this.   Only 11 weeks to go!

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, arxcards said:

Looking at our Feb cruises this morning had me realising that it is 6 months today. That seems way too long.

I can relate, Geoff. Our's is just under 3.5 months and THAT'S way too long!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, ceeceeDee said:

I can relate, Geoff. Our's is just under 3.5 months and THAT'S way too long!!!!!!!!!!!

I could have readily jumped on Diamond Princess for a couple of days later this month and boxing day on Crown Princess. Alas, Barb burnt all of her leave for surgery earlier in the year and needs to save up leave for our big trip next year. Once upon a time I would have done them solo, but it just isn't the same.

4 hours ago, arxcards said:

I could have readily jumped on Diamond Princess for a couple of days later this month and boxing day on Crown Princess. Alas, Barb burnt all of her leave for surgery earlier in the year and needs to save up leave for our big trip next year. Once upon a time I would have done them solo, but it just isn't the same.

We're in the same boat (no pun intended) in that Darren only has limited leave available. I could go solo, I guess, but it's not really my thing. Also cruises are really our only chance to spend quality time together as he is a shift worker and it is sometimes a rare occasion when we are actually awake at the same time. Secret to a happy marriage maybe?🤔

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

32 minutes ago, ceeceeDee said:

We're in the same boat (no pun intended) in that Darren only has limited leave available. I could go solo, I guess, but it's not really my thing. Also cruises are really our only chance to spend quality time together as he is a shift worker and it is sometimes a rare occasion when we are actually awake at the same time. Secret to a happy marriage maybe?🤔

Maybe.

Barb has hated times when I have been working shifts. Not just the awake times, but meal times and family times too.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, arxcards said:

Maybe.

Barb has hated times when I have been working shifts. Not just the awake times, but meal times and family times too.

Even small things like trying to find a time to do the vacuuming and clean the ensuite when he isn't trying to sleep. I'm really not in the mood to do those chores after he leaves anywhere between 10pm and midnight. And first thing in the morning I'm not really awake/motivated. Ah, first world problems.😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/3/2024 at 9:22 AM, MicCanberra said:

I have two bachelor BILs contributing to my Granddaughters account via recycling, so far in 6 months she has $200 plus, the only catch is I am doing the recycling by picking them up from their place.

Another visit to the recycling machine with the BILs cans, another $25 for the Granddaughter. She is well pleased . 

• Like 3