Honduras Visa Requirements UK Citizens

Cheller1973

I’d be interested in hearing about people’s experiences on this issue. We are due to go on a Western Caribbean cruise in February 2025 and my heart sank at the seeing the visa issue 

38 minutes ago, Jacqu said:

Does anyone know what NCL stance on this is please, I’ve contacted but the person I spoke to seemed unsure and stated it was my responsibility. 

Sorry I don’t, but the NCL position is the same as Princess.

Posted (edited)
On 8/12/2024 at 11:22 AM, MrsFD said:

Any word on those who were boarding yesterday and due to visit Roatan on the 15th?

No problem boarding Wonder on the 11th. In Roatan today. They just asked if I was travelling on a U.S. ESTA at the terminal. Very speedy embarkation.

Edited by jlewism
  • Thanks 2

On 8/4/2024 at 6:16 PM, Cheller1973 said:

I’ve just become aware of the new requirements which will come into force on 15 August requiring UK citizens to have a visa for entry into Honduras.

I can’t read the Honduran information as it’s in Spanish but have been told to get a visa will require an in person appointment in London… 

Go on Gov.uk/travel for Honduras and it translates to English.

26 minutes ago, jlewism said:

No problem boarding Wonder on the 11th. In Roatan today. They just asked if I was travelling on a U.S. ESTA at the terminal. Very speedy embarkation.

Thank you for reporting back

I am hoping for more verifiable news on this topic.  I called RCI and their agent told me that no visa was required.  I also sent an email and am awaiting a reply.

Hi tattydog. No problems at Roatan. We had an organised glass bottomed boat tour and only needed to show our Ship Pass although they told us to take our passports just in case. There were no immigration forms to complete. I guess it might have been different if we had wanted to go off alone into town. The tour was excellent and included monkey and sloth centre. 

• Like 1

From the Honduran Embassy:

VISA EXCEPTIONS FOR BRITISH NATIONALS TRAVELLING TO HONDURAS VIA CRUISE

Dear Sir/Madam:

We hope this message finds you well. We are writing to inform you of an important update regarding your upcoming cruise to Honduras. As of July 25, 2024, the Secretary of State for Foreign Affairs of Honduras has signed Agreement No. 008-SG-2024, which exempts British nationals traveling to Honduras via cruise ship from the requirement to obtain a visa. 

This means that as a British passport holder, you will be able to enter Honduran territory without the need for a visa during your cruise. We hope this eases your travel planning and ensures a more enjoyable experience as you visit our beautiful country. Please ensure you have your passport with you, as it will still be required for entry and exit. 

Should you have any further questions or need additional information, please do not hesitate to contact us. We wish you a pleasant and memorable journey to Honduras. 

Best regards, 

Embassy of Honduras in London | Embajada de Honduras en Londres 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Izzziee said:

Can you explain what that says please, I don’t understand Spanish 🙂

The order of requiring Visas for British Nationals as well as Nationals of the Cayman Islands is rescinded. They reference a fishing pact that Honduras has with the Caymans.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Emmerdale3228 said:

Hi not sure if this topic has been resolved.It appears we do need a visa

I'm in the same position myself. 

Screenshot_20240820_090957_Google.jpg

It has been resolved - UK passport holders do not need a visa for a cruise visit.

This is the email received from the embassy:

VISA EXCEPTIONS FOR BRITISH NATIONALS TRAVELLING TO HONDURAS VIA CRUISE

Dear Sir/Madam:

We hope this message finds you well. We are writing to inform you of an important update regarding your upcoming cruise to Honduras. As of July 25, 2024, the Secretary of State for Foreign Affairs of Honduras has signed Agreement No. 008-SG-2024, which exempts British nationals traveling to Honduras via cruise ship from the requirement to obtain a visa. 

This means that as a British passport holder, you will be able to enter Honduran territory without the need for a visa during your cruise. We hope this eases your travel planning and ensures a more enjoyable experience as you visit our beautiful country. Please ensure you have your passport with you, as it will still be required for entry and exit. 

Should you have any further questions or need additional information, please do not hesitate to contact us. We wish you a pleasant and memorable journey to Honduras. 

Best regards, 

Edited by Omega1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Emmerdale3228 said:

Hi not sure if this topic has been resolved.It appears we do need a visa

I'm in the same position myself. 

Screenshot_20240820_090957_Google.jpg

I am sailing into Honduras this morning and ships hotel director has said there is no need for a visa for a day visitor on a cruise ship. I have a trip booked for visit to animal sanctuary then snorkeling. No visa requests asked for.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Graham 58 said:

I am sailing into Honduras this morning and ships hotel director has said there is no need for a visa for a day visitor on a cruise ship. I have a trip booked for visit to animal sanctuary then snorkeling. No visa requests asked for.

I was in Honduras yesterday on ICON and do not require Visa while on cruise as you are in transit for less than a day and you are not staying overnight. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Graham 58 said:

As David 1828 said, visas were not needed and a fantastic island to visit. So cruise there with no worries. Definitely in my top five islands to visit.

I echo what Graham said. Just relax and enjoy your trip. Honduras very beautiful place 👍

• Like 1

Yes, just visited yesterday on Icon and it was awesome. We loved Honduras - lovely welcome too as the ship arrived at the port. We too have confirmation that the visa requirement was rescinded. Hoping uk gov website is updated soon - it seemed to take approx a week to be updated back in July after first communiqué. So perhaps soon it’ll be updated so no more people are worried. But definitely relax as we really had zero issues boarding, disembarking and returning to the ship in Roatán. Happy cruise all. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, Aviostreasurehunter said:

Just to confirm then from people's experiences, the Honduras visa requirement for British citizens does NOT apply to day visits to Roatan on a cruise?

Cheers 

We just returned from a sailing on the icon of the seas that departed Miami on August 31 and no visas were requested at any time from my group, including one UK citizen. 

Hello All

I have e mailed the Embassy regarding the necessity of a visa for a visit from a cruise ship and this is their repl

Best regards,

Office:+44(0) 2074864880 136 Baker St, 4th Floor, London W1U 6UD