Macronix Rum Factory

mets123

How far is it once you get off the pier at Taino Bay Puerto Plata? Is it worth the trip? Do you know if they sell 50ml bottles there? Thanks in advance for your help.

• 2 weeks later...

I have never been, therefore have no specific information about it.

However, Google maps shows the Macorix House of Rum is approximately a 12 minute walk (once you have actually reached the port area ... your milage may vary)!

Macorix House of Rum, Av. Francisco Alberto Caamaño, Puerto Plata 57000, Dominican Republic

• Like 1

I did this tour, but it was part of an all day thing, so I can't comment on location, other than that it was towards the end of the day, and quite close to the ship.  Puerta Plata is not that big, tho not totally walkable. 

I do remember that the retail area was huge, so they may have what you are looking for.

it's a nice tour, they age the rum on old barrels that they source from Jack Daniels, so it gives a  different flavor. Lots of samples, of course I remember that part. 

1 hour ago, ggTexasGal said:

I have never been, therefore have no specific information about it.

However, Google maps shows the Macorix House of Rum is approximately a 12 minute walk (once you have actually reached the port area ... your milage may vary)!

Macorix House of Rum, Av. Francisco Alberto Caamaño, Puerto Plata 57000, Dominican Republic

My earlier post was incorrect.  We did go to the Macrix House of rum as part of multi-stop tour, back in April of 2022 (probably why I had forgotten).  It actually is a decent place to tour.

Unless they have more recently started selling the small bottles, I wouldn't count on finding those there.

• 1 month later...