Insect repellent?

trivia addict

I am a mosquito magnet and always have repellent with me in Hawaii.   Evenings are especially bad. Ben's makes some wipes that are individually wrapped and can easily be put in a pocket or purse.   Just my experience.  Cherie

• Like 1

5 hours ago, trivia addict said:

We will be renting a car in each port on our POA cruise in September. Would it be advisible to bring along insect repellent to use in some of the areas with lush greenery? 

We were on the POA in May, and spent a total of 14 days in HI  we brought insect repellent, but never used it once. We hiked in the greenery off the road to Hana, did mountain tubing and hiked on Kauai and other hikes on the big island and Oahu, so for us, no need. However, bring it along, you never know, its small insurance.

• Like 1

You might Google it on Amazon, but there's also some non-spray devices you can wear on your body... I got a feeling my generation got a lot of cancer from using those products in the 70s. Hope you enjoy your time in Hawaii.

Also, on one of our trips to Kauai in the 80's we learned from residents that Vick's VaporRub is awesome for bites.  I never travel without a small container of Vick's.  Cherie

• Like 1