C&A Balcony Discounts

Seems the price doesn't change when I input my C&A number.

Does the (never-ending) "sale" void these discounts as the % off exceeds the dollar discounts?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, STEVE-O said:

Seems the price doesn't change when I input my C&A number.

Does the (never-ending) "sale" void these discounts as the % off exceeds the dollar discounts?

They are valid with the standard BOGO 60%.

Not valid with The extra savings offer or OBC that often accompanies the base promo.

The system should give you the higher of the 2 but lately I've seen it give the extra savings even though the balcony discount is higher.  In that case you need to call to have it corrected as you should get the higher of the 2 but not both.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Posted (edited)

One of the things Michael Bayley did when he first took over was to make the Balcony Discount not combinable with certain fare offers.  He also reduced its' value for bookings made within 6 months of the sailing. Prior to this it could always be applied at its's full value to any booking, regardless of fare offer or when it was booked. One of the many wonderful things he brought with his leadership.....

Edited by leaveitallbehind
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, leaveitallbehind said:

One of the things Michael Bayley did when he first took over was to make the Balcony Discount not combinable with certain fare offers.  He also reduced its' value for bookings made within 6 months of the sailing. Prior to this it could always be applied at its's full value to any booking, regardless of fare offer or when it was booked. One of the many wonderful things he brought with his leadership.....

Yeah it stinks now.  I have not had it applied to my bookings for quite some time.  Always some excuse (like a "sale").  I consider it another lost benefit.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

Yeah it stinks now.  I have not had it applied to my bookings for quite some time.  Always some excuse (like a "sale").  I consider it another lost benefit.

One way I know to confirm any balcony discount value with a booking is to do mock bookings with and without your C&A account number entered to see which has the best fare.  If it is lower without it, don't enter it with the booking and do so at a later time once your booking is confirmed to preserve your credits, even once on board directly with the Loyalty Ambassador or Concierge.

16 minutes ago, leaveitallbehind said:

One way I know to confirm any balcony discount value with a booking is to do mock bookings with and without your C&A account number entered to see which has the best fare.  If it is lower without it, don't enter it with the booking and do so at a later time once your booking is confirmed to preserve your credits, even once on board directly with the Loyalty Ambassador or Concierge.

I would not wait to add until you are on board.  It literally can be added seconds after the booking is created, even before it is deposited.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I would not wait to add until you are on board.  It literally can be added seconds after the booking is created, even before it is deposited.

My comments were at a later time after the booing is confirmed, even on board, which was intended to mean anytime after making the booking.  I was not suggesting to wait until you are on board, only indicating that you can.  We have done it both ways and had no issues with on board confirmation.

But it's a shame to now even have that conversation about what used to be a straightforward, earned, and well deserved benefit. JMO

Edited by leaveitallbehind