HAL CPP Price Increase?

On 8/9/2024 at 7:46 AM, dchip said:

Our CCP cost for our 17 day cruise to Hawaii in November is $329 PP. If I remember correctly, wasn’t there a time where 4&5 Star mariners got the CCP as a free upgrade? It is no longer an option. Wondering if I imagined it. 
Denise

No cruise line can or will offer it for free, it is a separate entity. Most all travel insurance is state regulations to offer for free the cruise line would need to be licensed broker. Now there are definitely some travel agents out there that in the past would offer a free travel protection package but they would also have to have it worded they are purchasing it for you. Yes as commented Princess did and still offers past passengers at Ruby level and higher to pay the price of Standard Protection and be upgraded to Platinum.

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, 510picker said:

Sorry, I have not had a chance to check into it. FYI - We do not have the HIA package. 

Did you call HAL back and get a second quote, because the pricing for HAL's CPP has not changed if Base Fare is $999 per person orless the cost for Standard is $79.00 and Platinum is $99.00. But base fare will also include Club Orange and as I mentioned HIA. I also would not put it past some of the over seas call centers to also give you incorrect information.

To follow up, I just made the call to HAL customer service and it was fairly painless. The price they gave me for the Platinum Protection Plan for our cruise is $99 per person. I never mentioned the price given online. Holland's great website strikes again!

• Thanks 1