Any Upgrade Bids Accepted Recently?

trbarton

2 hours ago, Cruisemeister2002 said:

I know this is a question within a question and apologies for that. But I recently bid on three cabins despite the cruise being a sell out and my bids were considered poor. Does anyone know, although I am aware that you can be told a bid is accepted up to two days prior to a cruise, when do most successful bids receive notification ? 

My successful bid was advised three weeks prior to sailing.  I should not consider your bids "poor" just unsuccessful. When you think about it if a cruise was actually completely sold out a very high bid would be unsuccessful as no cabins are available until someone cancels in the last few days.  I looked at YouTube and the guy on there was indicating even on the minimum bid the cruise line permitted he had achieved success.  It all depends on how full the ship is and how many people put bids in. I added a tenner to all the possible upgrades and the minimum bid on the top grade offered which won. You always need to think "Is it worth it? when putting bids in.

Regards John

• Like 1

On 8/27/2024 at 2:13 PM, john watson said:

I think now the bidding system to become upgraded system has been introduced the free upgrades will be extraordinarily rarely implemented. It makes a lot of sense to raise revenue with people paying to upgrade.

Regards John

I don't doubt that this is true, and in fact I hadn't put a "no upgrade" on our August cruise because of that thinking. But we got a great surprise upgrade, going from an obstructed OV to a mini on Emerald deck. I doubt that'll ever happen to us again!

For my upcoming Sun Princess cruise I bid slightly above minimum for a mini-suite, cabana deck mini-suite and sanctuary class mini suite. Two weeks our from the cruise I was successful. I won a mini-suite upgrade (my lowest bid) and was assigned a cabana mini-suite. Only negative is that it is a connecting cabin. Winning bid is about one quarter of the upgrade cost when we submitted our bid so we are happy. Looking forward to all the extra room.

• Like 1

Two days ago, which was 20 days out from the start of our cruise, we received notice that our bid had been accepted. Our bid was in the Fair category for an upgrade from a balcony cabin to a Signature Suite.

10 days prior, our bid had disappeared from our booking and we thought it must have been declined and there was no longer availability. However, we later received notice that it had been accepted. 

• Like 1