Budget car rental in Fort Lauderdale

jshli

I am planning to pick up a rental car at Budget, Fort Lauderdale airport and return it to the Budget location at the cruise port. i have been reading terrible reviews and am wondering if anyone has had recent experience with with pick up or drop off at either location?

I am weighing my options.
We are staying at the Riverside Hotel and need a ride from Fort Lauderdale airport to hotel.

We then need a ride from the hotel to port. Unfortunately, we have too much luggage for a car and will need a van. Would appreciate any suggestions.

I am going to call the hotel and see if they have any suggestions. 

30 minutes ago, jshli said:

I am weighing my options.
We are staying at the Riverside Hotel and need a ride from Fort Lauderdale airport to hotel.

We then need a ride from the hotel to port. Unfortunately, we have too much luggage for a car and will need a van. Would appreciate any suggestions.

I am going to call the hotel and see if they have any suggestions. 

Just get a couple of big Ubers.

When weighing your options, make sure to add the charge for parking:  self parking - $26/night or valet - $36/night. (https://www.riversidehotel.com/stay).  I also noticed (something I hadn't read about previously) on their website (https://www.riversidehotel.com/about-us) that they contract with a transportation service.  Click on the link and you can get a price estimate.

Uber has an estimator on its website and if I remember correctly, you enter the number of people and the amount of luggage.  I know from first hand experience last summer an Uber XL fit 3 adults and 1 kid (could have fit a 4th adult instead of a kid) with 4 large pieces of luggage and 4 carry-ons.  We were a group of 8 (6 adults, 2 kids) so we used 2 Ubers from the airport to the hotel to the port and back to the airport.  It was problem free and convenient.  

Rent a car...that leaves so many other options of things to do like eating at Lester's Diner and going to the Saw Grass Mills Mall. The location for your rental is one we've used often and had no problems.

Since we need  a van or SUV, is it a good idea to rent from uber XL in advance from the airport in Fort Lauderdale to Riverview Hotel and from the Riverview Hotel to the cruise port? Is this a reliable way to reserve so we will be assured transportation both ways?

1 hour ago, jshli said:

Since we need  a van or SUV, is it a good idea to rent from uber XL in advance from the airport in Fort Lauderdale to Riverview Hotel and from the Riverview Hotel to the cruise port? Is this a reliable way to reserve so we will be assured transportation both ways?

We didn't do that.  There are plenty of Ubers at the airport and I'm sure the same is true of downtown hotels on cruise mornings.  I think we didn't wait more than 5 minutes for any of the 4 we ordered.

We are visiting family before our cruise, flying into PBI renting a car from Budget and returning to Budget Cruise port location and sailing Celebrity. 

OP said issues at the return location, what type of issues have been faced?

TIA