*LIVE* from the Norwegian Encore – 7-Night Alaska and Glacier Bay August 11-18, 2024

Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, RocketMan275 said:

It would be helpful if you identified the food items.

Yes. You are welcome to do that. 

Hint. The filet at Le Bistro was ordered without Foie. 

Edited by BirdTravels
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

Yes. You are welcome to do that. 

Hint. The filet at Le Bistro was ordered without Foie. 

Now, how can I do that if i don't know what they are?

My point is, many do not recognize these items. Me included. 

The Onda food looks like:

Bread service

Frito Misto

Yellowtail Crudo

Branzino?

Mushrooms Trifolati

Lentils

Pappardelle Bolognese

Panna Cotta

Chocolate Gelato

We ate there last Ssturday and loved the Macellaio Pizza...so much so the leftovers went back to the room. Also the Papperdelle Bolognese was very good. The Haven has a similar Frito Misto for lunch and we ordered it with Calamari only.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, RocketMan275 said:

Now, how can I do that if i don't know what they are?

My point is, many do not recognize these items. Me included. 

Gosh... @xkritter nailed it. Even the off-menu chocolate gelato!!!

Edited by BirdTravels
  • Like 2

On 8/14/2024 at 6:34 PM, BirdTravels said:

The serpent will live for a few more weeks until it meets its demise by a demolition crew to make way for Spice H20. 

I'm glad to see them adding spice H2O, but think that maybe they could have worked the serpent into the motif if they went with a grotto theme.  Maybe have it pop out and hover over one of the warm tubs.

The renderings of the new Spice H2O do look clean though. Maybe removing the serpent is for the best.

800_norwegianencore-spiceh2o.jpg?10000

24 minutes ago, Ixtoras said:

I'm glad to see them adding spice H2O, but think that maybe they could have worked the serpent into the motif if they went with a grotto theme.  Maybe have it pop out and hover over one of the warm tubs.

The renderings of the new Spice H2O do look clean though. Maybe removing the serpent is for the best.

I am actually surprised to see so much water back there. The ship is already very heavy back there due to the supersized race track. 

On 8/18/2024 at 3:11 PM, BirdTravels said:

The task is to start at the top of the menu, work your way to the bottom, then start gain at the top of the menu. 

At Sugarcane, that sounds like our approach.  Tough to do in one night though. 

12 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

I am actually surprised to see so much water back there. The ship is already very heavy back there due to the supersized race track. 

If that "beds in the water" thing is like the Prima, it's only ankle deep and probably doesn't add that much weight.

1 hour ago, Ellis1138 said:

If that "beds in the water" thing is like the Prima, it's only ankle deep and probably doesn't add that much weight.

I suppose you're right. I went back and looked at my Prima pictures and the water is more show than function. 

image.png.1359125330457b0fb980a1a67936381f.png

4 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

I suppose you're right. I went back and looked at my Prima pictures and the water is more show than function. 

image.png.1359125330457b0fb980a1a67936381f.png

Yep. I'm kind of a smart aleck at times and I was really tempted to just lie down on my back in the ankle pool. But as it was a cold weather cruise to begin with and nobody was out on deck except me, I fought the urge successfully.

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, KittyCruz said:

Not sure if it has been asked or covered, but do you recall if the gen pop pools heated?  

The Encore was purpose-built for Alaska. Ceiling heaters in outside dining areas. Heated pools, slides, water features. 

Now, the pools are heated to pool water temperatures (78 degrees-ish). Not hot tub temperatures (102 degrees). People say “the water is cold” but it is a normal temp all year. Yeah, the sun and bodies will warm the water a few degrees. 

Edited by BirdTravels
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

The Encore was purpose-built for Alaska. Ceiling heaters in outside dining areas. Heated pools, slides, water features. 

Now, the pools are heated to pool water temperatures (78 degrees-ish). Not hot tub temperatures (102 degrees). People say “the water is cold” but it is a normal temp all year. Yeah, the sun and bodies will warm the water a few degrees. 

Thank you @BirdTravels between you and @FamilyAtSea.travel I think we are ready for our upcoming Alaskan cruise.  

Ya'll did great with the reviews, information and photos.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, KittyCruz said:

Thank you @BirdTravels between you and @FamilyAtSea.travel I think we are ready for our upcoming Alaskan cruise.  

Ya'll did great with the reviews, information and photos.  

I appreciate the friendly feedback, thank you! 

I appreciate you putting this Live on my radar as well so I can go back and read through it!

8 hours ago, FamilyAtSea.travel said:

I appreciate the friendly feedback, thank you! 

I appreciate you putting this Live on my radar as well so I can go back and read through it!

You had a great review here on Cruise Critic!

• Thanks 1