Question about adding a room and moving a person

I have a cruise booked for March 2025. We have a balcony room booked for 3 people. My adult daughter want to join us and I was hoping to add another room and move my 15 year old son to hers. I am being told by my travel agent that our existing reservation would have to be changed to what the price is now in order to change our room from an occupancy of 3 to 2. I want to be sure this is the correct information since RCI won’t work with me on a reservation made by an outside party. Hope it makes sense and thank you!

1 hour ago, Pacoduck said:

I want to be sure this is the correct information since RCI won’t work with me on a reservation made by an outside party.

Yes, when moving a cabin category like that the booking will likely be repriced. You can just remove the third person and take your chances of RCI moving you.

7 hours ago, Pacoduck said:

I have a cruise booked for March 2025. We have a balcony room booked for 3 people. My adult daughter want to join us and I was hoping to add another room and move my 15 year old son to hers. I am being told by my travel agent that our existing reservation would have to be changed to what the price is now in order to change our room from an occupancy of 3 to 2. I want to be sure this is the correct information since RCI won’t work with me on a reservation made by an outside party. Hope it makes sense and thank you!

That is correct.

You should also look at pricing as it may be cheaper to leave her on the existing reservation and then book a second cabin for the one extra guest and move things around on board

2 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

That is correct.

You should also look at pricing as it may be cheaper to leave her on the existing reservation and then book a second cabin for the one extra guest and move things around on board

It reads like her daughter isn't currently on a reservation and she wants to book another cabin for her and move her son out of the 3 person room and in with her and not pay a singe supplement, 

12 minutes ago, BND said:

It reads like her daughter isn't currently on a reservation and she wants to book another cabin for her and move her son out of the 3 person room and in with her and not pay a singe supplement, 

Exactly why I suggested what i did as it may be cheaper.