Tender Route Portland and Weymouth UK

On the map above, Hope Square is on the headland to the south of the estuary - approximately where "SCTC Weymouth" is labelled. Most of the town is to the north, crossing at the Town Bridge. You'll have passed Bennett's Fish & Chips (also labelled on the map) - it has a few tables and also does takeaway. It's excellent - and it's a rare occurrence hearing a northerner praise southern fish & chips. 

We spent a week in Weymouth in 2022, using it a a base for touring the area. But you could happily spend a day wandering round town. It's a typical small seaside place which, like most, has unfortunately lost some of its shine over recent decades due to a decline in tourism. 

31 minutes ago, Harters said:

On the map above, Hope Square is on the headland to the south of the estuary - approximately where "SCTC Weymouth" is labelled. Most of the town is to the north, crossing at the Town Bridge. You'll have passed Bennett's Fish & Chips (also labelled on the map) - it has a few tables and also does takeaway. It's excellent - and it's a rare occurrence hearing a northerner praise southern fish & chips. 

We spent a week in Weymouth in 2022, using it a a base for touring the area. But you could happily spend a day wandering round town. It's a typical small seaside place which, like most, has unfortunately lost some of its shine over recent decades due to a decline in tourism. 

But it does have a lovely beach, though obviously not quite as nice as Bournemouth’s.

29 minutes ago, exlondoner said:

obviously not quite as nice as Bournemouth’s.

Obviously.

I had a very nice few days break on my own in Bournemouth some years back. Mrs H and her sisters had taken their elderly parents away somewhere and I just thought "I'll have a break as well". I remember a very nice seafood restaurant on the beach. 

More recently, my nephew did his cinematography Masters degree at Bournemouth University. He particularly like the beach at sunrise and sunset.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Harters said:

On the map above, Hope Square is on the headland to the south of the estuary - approximately where "SCTC Weymouth" is labelled. Most of the town is to the north, crossing at the Town Bridge.  

This is exactly where the shuttle bus dropped me when my ship visited in 2022.  Pickup was in the same location.  Just a short walk northward across the bridge into the main part of town.