Shore Excursion Credits

dock

Hi all, apologies if this has been asked before. The search function is not that great on this site. 

We have FAS+.

When will  I see the credits for our shore excursions. When booking it says shore  credit applied but only for 1 person. The listed price is I’m assuming pre credit as well as the price is the same for all in the cabin. 

Thank you. 

55 minutes ago, dock said:

The listed price is I’m assuming pre credit as well as the price is the same for all in the cabin. 

Since I'm always solo in my room I don't know anything about this. But when it comes to NCL app or web I wouldn't assume anything! To put it mildly, the app needs to be looked over... Go to the web site and look up the excursion in question without being logged in to find out the price pre credit.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, dock said:

Hi all, apologies if this has been asked before. The search function is not that great on this site. 

We have FAS+.

When will  I see the credits for our shore excursions. When booking it says shore  credit applied but only for 1 person. The listed price is I’m assuming pre credit as well as the price is the same for all in the cabin. 

Thank you. 

Just to verify... you paid the extra $$ amount to upgrade your drinks package, extra specialty dining meal(s), and second person receives the added $50 per excursion, correct?

If the credits are not being applied for both of you when you are logged into your account and ordering the same shore excursions (for both people), you will most likely need to call NCL.

The system has been rather wonky lately!

Edited by ggTexasGal
correction

@ggTexasGal, yes I upgraded our package so expected to see a credit, once I got to  the payment page. 

Maybe I’ll call. 
When do you start booking excursions, ie 6/12 out? 
Our first NCL cruise. 

Just now, dock said:

Our first NCL cruise. 

As soon as they show up in the app you can book them. Sometimes they show up as early as a year or more in advance, sometimes much later! No set time!

• Like 1

Just now, dock said:

@ggTexasGal, yes I upgraded our package so expected to see a credit, once I got to  the payment page. 

Maybe I’ll call. 
Our first NCL cruise. 

We start as early as we are able following booking our cruises. This past weekend we scheduled a few for a cruise in 2026.

We did have to call ShorEx for some discount corrections, since I did not receive mine.

• Thanks 1

Update: @Asawi, I went on the NCL site( not via the app)and compared prices.

While the app only shows Shore Excursion credit to be applied for Guest 1, the price listed for both Guest 1 and 2 is the same and already reflects the $50 credit for both. 

Ie Prices on the NCL site are actually $50 more pp. 

We tend to do a mix or private and cruise line excursions. 
NCL’s ones gave me sticker shock lol but will be using them for the ports where I’m concerned about return to ship. 

Thanks @ggTexasGal, I’m looking at Iceland/Norway for  August 2025, and like booking ahead. Spreads the cost out and have experienced been waitlisted and not getting an excursion when I booked 4/12 out. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, steelersfan4ever said:

I am confused - I thought the $50 shore excursion credit was only for $50 off of 1 person in the cabin.  From what I am reading above it looks like it is $50 per person off of a shore excursion.

If you upgrade to the FAS+ it covers the first two passengers. 

• Like 4

On 8/15/2024 at 6:52 AM, dock said:

Maybe I’ll call. 
Our first NCL cruise. 

For my March Viva cruise, they keep adding excursions, so I'm waiting till after final payment to book anything. Plus if they change the itinerary, I don't have to worry about canceling anything and rebooking. 

• Like 1