NCL Alaska sailing requirements

I am going on my first Alaska cruise in Sept (yay!) and it is my understanding that as a US citizen with a US passport I do not need any other documentation or vaccination. I called NCL and they directed me to the website. I read through everything I could find and I believe I don't need anything else

but I keep getting a generic letter from NCL with travel requirements so I thought I'd reach out to you fine people and see if anyone can confirm my thoughts based on their experience. 

(I know this has probably been asked many times so apologies if this is well known)

1 hour ago, LadyCruising said:

I am going on my first Alaska cruise in Sept (yay!) and it is my understanding that as a US citizen with a US passport I do not need any other documentation or vaccination. I called NCL and they directed me to the website. I read through everything I could find and I believe I don't need anything else

but I keep getting a generic letter from NCL with travel requirements so I thought I'd reach out to you fine people and see if anyone can confirm my thoughts based on their experience. 

(I know this has probably been asked many times so apologies if this is well known)

Passport is all you need to fly or take that cruise. No visas required. No shots, no nothing except money!  Have a great cruise. 

• Like 1

Sometimes countries change their entrance requirements. NCL does not want to have any liability for bad or outdated information on these matters, so it places the onus on the passenger to determine the documents they need. My wife gets those letters before every cruise - somehow I don't. 

For our upcoming cruise Venezuela recently added visa requirements for entry from some countries. we got the same generic e-mail, looked into it and discovered that US citizens are not required to get a visa - our passport is enough.

4 hours ago, LadyCruising said:

You’re good to go. 

We have guests from over 60 counties on our Alaskan cruise. And NCL won’t be responsible to figure out what the specifics of each individual are. 

This week, at least 3 families were denied boarding because they did not have the correct documentation for their specific situation. And they could not resolve their documentation problem before the ship departed. 

Thank you all for the feedback. I've cruised before (in this same ship- the Bliss) but I wondered if I was missing something because it kept sending these letters. It sounds like I am good though.