What makes NCL better than Carnival or RC?

7 hours ago, Oakman58 said:

Since you say you only cruise with NCL, I would suggest you spread your wings and experience the food, entertainment, and service that other cruise lines offer.

Thanks for the suggestion.  Maybe someday.  Right now NCL is a known/familiar/enjoyed commodity.  I get the free laundry and extra meals, which are great.  Their base beverage package is second to none, so that's also a significant factor.  Also, on some cruises, I already have friends among the entertainers and bartenders (yes, that's like two of the same thing 🤣).

• Like 4

1 minute ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

Thanks for the suggestion.  Maybe someday.  Right now NCL is a known/familiar/enjoyed commodity.  I get the free laundry and extra meals, which are great.  Their base beverage package is second to none, so that's also a significant factor.  Also, on some cruises, I already have friends among the entertainers and bartenders (yes, that's like two of the same thing 🤣).

Well said…agree with all of it!

• Like 3

On 8/19/2024 at 11:30 AM, drew69 said:

Carnival is more the lower end of the cruise line spectrum in terms of quality, vibe, etc.  It is basically Walmart of the Seas.

It used to be. Lately Dollar Tree of the Seas is more accurate. 

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)
On 8/20/2024 at 6:59 AM, pghflyer said:

Great point, the status program is far ahead of any I have seen up through Platinum level with really substantive and valuable perks at an achievable threshold.........but once you hit Platinum, then you have to cruise DOUBLE (75 more nights, Sapphire) just to achieve a mere Dinner with Officers (no thanks), then DOUBLE (200 more nights, Diamond) again to achieve a Mixology Experience (I have free drinks already, meh, and how many times will I do this?) and a one-time one-category cabin upgrade (worth what $500-$1000?), then DOUBLE (350 more nights, a whole year!!!, Ambasador) again to get a one-time 7-day balcony cruise (maybe about $2-3K?).  

Platinum is still comparable to a lot of the higher levels in other programs, but definitely it seems like they don't make much of an extra effort to award you after those 75 Platinum nights.

On 8/20/2024 at 6:59 AM, pghflyer said:

Great point, the status program is far ahead of any I have seen up through Platinum level with really substantive and valuable perks at an achievable threshold.

Completely agree that NCL has the est loyalty program. CCL and PCL can’t even come close.

Edited by MagnoliaBlossom

Posted (edited)
49 minutes ago, MagnoliaBlossom said:

Completely agree that NCL has the est loyalty program. CCL and PCL can’t even come close.

Agree. Plus, NCL keeps sending discount coupons to Latitudes members.  They aren't frivolous ones, either.

Just got these sent to me a little while ago.  They make for some mighty good looking fares.

Coupon ID Amount Dates Credit Sailings
          ms
Your Exclusive 10% Off Coupon – Latitudes Cruise, Norwegian Bliss, September 28th, 2024 xxxxxxx 10% Off
Expires On9/25/2024
Sail by10/5/2024
Not Applicable  
10% Off Discount Future Cruise Credit xxxxxxxx 10% Off
Expires On8/31/2024
Sail by12/31/2025
Not Applicable VIEW CRUISESView Terms
Your Exclusive Limited-Time Offer – Get An Extra 15% Off! xxxxxxxx 15% Off
Expires On9/30/2024
Sail by12/31/2024
Not Applicable VIEW CRUISESView Terms
Edited by graphicguy
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, London-Calling said:

I don't think NCL are better, they are just different.

I'd agree. 

We've sailed Carnival, NCL, Marella, Princess, Celebrity and Holland. Enjoyed them all for different reasons and wouldn't hesitate to sail with any of them (actually have cruises booked with most of them currently). 

Have been trying to find a way to justify an RCL cruise somewhere, but difficult for us (not sailing with kids) to justify the price just to check them out.

• Like 1