Having laundry done on cruise?

JWMid1

5 hours ago, 9tee2Sea said:

I guess being a guy makes laundry/packing easy.  I usually take only 3 pairs of slacks and about 9 shirts ( thats for a 15 day cruise). All of those are lightweight, nylon material, made for traveling. So if need be, I can wash them in the sink, hang dry in bathroom, or on a coat hook in the cabin.  Of course, I take 2 pairs of socks for each day on board.  Rarely do I need to do laundry. I really dont care if folks see me wear the same thing twice.  Sometimes I see some folks in the same t-shirt for the entire duration of a cruise.

The last cruise we did my husband took 5 white t-shirts to wear with shorts during the day (on a 7 day cruise) - by day 4 he was paranoid that everyone thought he was still wearing the same one. 😂 Our project before the next cruise in October is to find some more distinctive ones that he likes (he doesn’t do patterns/logos) so people will know he’s been changing them! 

• Haha 3

Yes I know suites get priority over Elites. I thought it was clear from my comment Just a heads up to those not cruising in a suite and counting on a quick turn around. I see many people now using a carry on and backpack with much less stuff than in the old days. Cheers to them. 

14 hours ago, JWMid1 said:

I've seen these magnetic hooks recommended several times in other places. Have you been able to fly with these in your checked luggage? I can't see why not but I'll be flying to the port city and don't want to have any issues. 

I put them in my carryon with no problem. For checked luggage, go to TSA website to see if allowed. 

34 minutes ago, rheathslc said:

Does anyone know if you are Elite in a non-suite cabin on a B2B, will they take your laundry the last night or two of the first leg? I realize this means you might not get it back until after the start of the 2nd leg. Do they even allow that? Or is there a cut off prior to your 2nd leg?

What  I would do is put the laundry out the first morning of the 2nd leg and get a jump start over new cruisers 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm elite so I have sent out laundry on longer trips (16-32 days) but not on short trips.  One time they had so many Elite passengers that they got overloaded and lost my husbands and my under ware. 

We got reimbursed by the front desk but we had to spend our time in port to find a place to buy under ware for both of us.

20 minutes ago, CRUISEWITHH said:

I'm elite so I have sent out laundry on longer trips (16-32 days) but not on short trips.  One time they had so many Elite passengers that they got overloaded and lost my husbands and my under ware. 

We got reimbursed by the front desk but we had to spend our time in port to find a place to buy under ware for both of us.

Kramer Seinfeld GIF - Kramer Seinfeld Oh My God - Discover & Share GIFs

Oooooh boy ! I have so many questions 

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, CRUISEWITHH said:

What ever happened to going commando ?  LOL

• Haha 4

Posted (edited)

@rheathslc,we were on a B2B Alaska cruise this summer, in the same cabin for both legs.  We asked our steward if it would be possible to hand in laundry the last night of the first leg.  He said, no problem.  And indeed, the laundry came back in a timely fashion on the second leg.  So - I would suggest asking your steward - however, that doesn't help you determine beforehand how much/what to pack!

Edited by QuilterGirl
  • Thanks 1

The Elite free laundry is great but on the longer cruise with the suite guests priority and the number of elites it can take three or four days to get it back.

On 8/20/2024 at 5:21 PM, Thrak said:

My wife  has been denied free laundry tokens the two times she asked about them. Two different ships.

Try asking your room steward & the hotel manager if guest services denies you tokens.  I send almost everything to the laundry service (we're Elite) and I ask for hypo allergenic & no heat drying on particular items & I've had no problems on multiple cruises.  If you are concerned about a specific item then I would wash it myself or bring it home to wash.