Passing an RCI booking to a TA ?

I was on a cruise this April gone and booked a couple of cruises onboard the agent asked if I wanted them crediting to the TA which I had booked the cruise I was then sailing. I said yes and received a good deal of OBC.

My question is, I have another 3 previously booked cruises that were purchased through RCI (UK) online. Can these be transferred to a (US) TA. I ask as it looks like I missed a significant amount of OBC

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, sean of the seas said:

I was on a cruise this April gone and booked a couple of cruises onboard the agent asked if I wanted them crediting to the TA which I had booked the cruise I was then sailing. I said yes and received a good deal of OBC.

My question is, I have another 3 previously booked cruises that were purchased through RCI (UK) online. Can these be transferred to a (US) TA. I ask as it looks like I missed a significant amount of OBC

No.

Bookings must be transferred within 30 days from creation and even if it were within 30 days you could only transfer those to a UK agent as you booked through the UK website.

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

No.

Bookings must be transferred within 30 days from creation and even if it were within 30 days you could only transfer those to a UK agent as you booked through the UK website.

Thank you for the reply. That's what I was thinking the answer would be. Similarly I have a couple of cruises this November booked with RCI UK and have my eye on a cruise for next year If I book this onboard does this have to be credited to RCI UK or can It be moved to a US agent, Thanks

Hello,

I don't know where OP is based but presume if he/she booked via the UK website then those rules apply. That being the case, then you only have 48 hours between receiving confirmation of an online booking from Royal and to Royal receiving your transfer request to make such a transfer.

Alternatively, I have been mislead/lied to.

The 30 day window for onboard booking transfer still applies.

Regards,

Cublet

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, sean of the seas said:

If I book this onboard does this have to be credited to RCI UK or can It be moved to a US agent,

It can be transferred to a US TA but you should have that TA info available at the time of booking. By default, the on board booking usually is transferred to the last TA you used so ensure you opt of that when booking. 

Edited by Biker19

Thanks for the replies.

Yes UK based and usually book 50/50 with RCI UK and US agents.

The last cruise I booked was with a US TA but that cruise is not until April 2025. So will make sure I have the TA details for the cruises in November.

59 minutes ago, sean of the seas said:

Thank you for the reply. That's what I was thinking the answer would be. Similarly I have a couple of cruises this November booked with RCI UK and have my eye on a cruise for next year If I book this onboard does this have to be credited to RCI UK or can It be moved to a US agent, 

I woukd not trust that you can move on on board booking to a US agent 

5 hours ago, Biker19 said:

By default, the on board booking usually is transferred to the last TA you used so ensure you opt of that when booking. 

5 hours ago, sean of the seas said:

The last cruise I booked was with a US TA but that cruise is not until April 2025. So will make sure I have the TA details for the cruises in November.

To clarify, it's the TA you used for booking the current sailing (the cruise you're on when booking future cruises at Next Cruise).