Upgrading to premier onboard with Speciality Dining already booked and paid for.

jaydog123

Hello Everyone.  This is will be my first time on Princess cruises next year.  I have picked up lots of useful info from here but cannot find out answer to following question and hoping someone will know.

We are planning on upgrading to premier onboard ship as we will have OBC to put towards the upgrade.  However we were thinking of prebooking speciality dining before sailing and pay for that in advance (to get reservations).  If we do this and then upgrade, can we get the money back for the speciality dining.  Happy for it to be OBC as it will go towards the upgrade just not sure this is a viable way to do things. Ta

I had booked my reservations then upgraded to Premier.  I then canceled my dinner reservations and rebooked (both through the app) to get the "free" dinners.    

The refund showed up on my card about a week later.

8 minutes ago, Jnsplace1 said:

I had booked my reservations then upgraded to Premier.  I then canceled my dinner reservations and rebooked (both through the app) to get the "free" dinners.    

The refund showed up on my card about a week later.

that's all well and good for you IF when you cancelled ... then you were able to go back in on the APP and get the same exact reservations - or even better ... congrats

No way we would take that chance

• Like 1

3 hours ago, voljeep said:

that's all well and good for you IF when you cancelled ... then you were able to go back in on the APP and get the same exact reservations - or even better ... congrats

No way we would take that chance

Same...I'm sitting on 6 fully paid specialty dining reservations for the Sun in October and just upgraded to the new Premier.  Even though it's nearly $500 there's not a chance I trust Princess's system to work well enough that I could cancel and rebook without losing the time slots.  I'll get it converted to refundable OBC on board. My PVP agreed with this approach.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, PMGS247 said:

Same...I'm sitting on 6 fully paid specialty dining reservations for the Sun in October and just upgraded to the new Premier.  Even though it's nearly $500 there's not a chance I trust Princess's system to work well enough that I could cancel and rebook without losing the time slots.  I'll get it converted to refundable OBC on board. My PVP agreed with this approach.

I tried booking the Catch for my October Sun cruise- no availability at all.  

28 minutes ago, PMGS247 said:

So for you, this new upgrade is truly value. You are trading in a $500 sunk cost for a ( im assuming) $140 upgrade, well done !

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, dog said:

I tried booking the Catch for my October Sun cruise- no availability at all.  

Exactly....that's why I'm holding onto my pre-paid reservations even though I have to float the cost.  Having said that it's always been my experience that once on board calling the dining line reveals there's a lot more time slots available that apparently just weren't offered for pre-booking online.  Having said that I'm still not willing to take that chance and keeping my pre-paid reservations.

Edited by PMGS247
  • Like 1