All PERKS Including Airfare

We just signed up for a Greece cruise with airfare included.

I'm a bit nervous about the air arrangements because NCL notifies us 72 hours prior to sailing.  I have no idea of the airline(s), layovers and time to get to the next gate.

Can you share your experience with NCL and airfare included?  I need to know the "Good, Bad & Ugly" before I commit to this.

Thinking of checking other cruise lines......

Thanks!

5 minutes ago, Lovincruisin1321 said:

I'm a bit nervous about the air arrangements because NCL notifies us 72 hours prior to sailing.  I have no idea of the airline(s), layovers and time to get to the next gate.

Can you share your experience with NCL and airfare included?  I need to know the "Good, Bad & Ugly" before I commit to this.

Thanks!

There are many threads with positive and negative experiences with using the BOGO air promo with NCL.

We've used it on about 1/2 of our NCL cruises and have never had any negative experience when we've done it.  We will only chose NCL air if the price makes sense AND we have the flexibility to not know the exact time of our flights.  

That said, we've always learned our flights at least 50 days ahead of the cruise and once as many as 80 days before the cruise.  I've never heard anyone claim NCL doesn't notify you until 72 hrs before the cruise.  Where did you hear/see that claim?  I think it is very incorrect.

Just type in BOGO in the search box and you will get all the information you need, a lot of opinions good or bad. I've used it a number of times and it's worked for me.  You should get your flight information long before 72 hours. Anytime from shortly after you make your final payment until 35 days. The only 72 hour timeline that I'm aware of is that's the timeframe when NCL actually releases your flight reservations, so if there are any cancellations or other changes it's up to you to work with the airline to get it sorted out.

Last year we had NCLAIR for our Italy/Greece cruise. We got our flights about 78 days out. That was the first time we used it for an International flight. On our flight to Rome we flew from Phoenix to DC (United) and then DC to Rome (United). Our original time between the flights was about 2 hours, however the plane had arrived later coming in so they were still cleaning the plane. So we left about 1 hour late,, but arrived only 45 minutes in Rome. Our return was on Delta - Rome- Atlanta-Phoenix. I cant remember how long we had, but with customs it took extra time. I was glad I had Global Entry.

This year we are doing a transatlantic out of Barcelona Spain in November. I was shocked but we got our flights a couple of weeks ago. Our international flight has 2hr 10 minutes between flights. This is Phoenix to Boston (AA), then Boston to Barcelona on Iberia. Flight home from Miami to Phoenix is Non-stop. I have used the BOGO air many times. When I get my flights, I pick my seats, add airline frequent flyer number if I have one. I also add a wheelchair for my husband.

I hope this info is helpful. I know I felt concerned last year when we did first international flights with NCLAIR. If you have any other questions, just ask. And most of all, Enjoy your cruise!!

19 hours ago, Lovincruisin1321 said:

Thanks!

Last year I took advantage of the BOGO on NCL for a cruise that went from Dubai-Athens.  We stayed 2 days pre/post cruise.  Here was our flight coming back from Athens.

Leg 1...Agean Air ( budget airlines, pay for carryon and stow away luggage) to Heathrow ( 2 hour layover).

Leg 2....Heathrow to Los Angeles....Non-Stop, Virgin Atlantic.  The second leg we paid to upgrade our seats