Over seas Terminal-Sydney

We will be staying at the Sydney Habour hotel and walking over with our luggage. 

I'm looking at Google map pictures and it looks like we can walk over on Hickson Road to the North entrance? I hope I have north, south correctly. 

Is it ok to enter for our cruise that way or should we go and walk up the entrance off George st? 

Thanks 

Depending on your luggage and your ability to manage a short set of stairs, if you turn right out of the hotel, just down George St there is a pedestrian crossing,when you cross over that there is a short stairs down directly to the entrance to the OPT.

i think there was about 20 steps involved, then a short gentle slope down Circular Quay, if my memory serves me right.

• Thanks 1

There is no north entrance to the terminal. Hickson Rd will take you to level 2 and a boom gate operator that will redirect you back to George St. Level 2 is the taxi rank for departing passengers. Bag drop is at the south end on ground level.

Boring hotel, but close to some good eateries and super close to the cruise terminal. Ozwoody is spot on with those stairs. Another option is to get your bag drop done earlier before you check-out of the hotel, then head back to your room until check-out time.

• Thanks 1

I’m looking at the George st entrance using Google maps street view. On the map, it looks like North (George st) and then the other entrance/exit looks south. Moving on from that, so on the Google map street view, at the George st entrance/exit, we see the stairs going down to the left and sidewalk going up to the terminal. I assume we just walk up the sidewalk and stairs don’t come into play? 

IMG_1609.png

8 hours ago, pooh/tigger said:

I’m looking at the George st entrance using Google maps street view. On the map, it looks like North (George st) and then the other entrance/exit looks south. Moving on from that, so on the Google map street view, at the George st entrance/exit, we see the stairs going down to the left and sidewalk going up to the terminal. I assume we just walk up the sidewalk and stairs don’t come into play? 

IMG_1609.png

As you can see in the photo,  there is pedestrian access to the OPT. just  walk up to this path , turn right and walk to the end of the terminal where you will find a lift ( elevator) which will take you down to the entrance of the terminal and luggage drop off, level walk all the way.

8 minutes ago, gbenjo said:

As you can see in the photo,  there is pedestrian access to the OPT. just  walk up to this path , turn right and walk to the end of the terminal where you will find a lift ( elevator) which will take you down to the entrance of the terminal and luggage drop off, level walk all the way.

8 minutes ago, gbenjo said:

Would I be going thru crowds leaving the ship? 

1 minute ago, pooh/tigger said:

Would I be going thru crowds leaving the ship? 

No, boarding does not start until all/ most debarking pax are out of the terminal.
Your hotel is so close to the terminal you could  do a reconnaissance walk when you get there, it is no more than a five minute walk. 

10 minutes ago, gbenjo said:

No, boarding does not start until all/ most debarking pax are out of the terminal.
Your hotel is so close to the terminal you could  do a reconnaissance walk when you get there, it is no more than a five minute walk. 

Thanks.

We will be walking a lot when there so good idea to do a recon walk. 

We stayed at the Sydney Harbour Hotel back in 2018 (was called Holiday Inn I think back then) before our cruise

From memory we just walked over the road and walked down a path / road down to the terminal and it took all of 5 minutes.

• Thanks 1

You can go down Hickson St but its easier and just as quick for you to turn right on George St when you exit the hotel and walk for about 2 minutes then turn left into Circular Quay Way, or if you dont mind a couple of steps just go down the stairs just to the front right of the hotel (where google maps says "Cadmans Cottage") which will take you straight to where you need to go.  If you look at Google maps you can see the Carnival Splendor in the port. Where the front of the ship is is the side of the terminal you enter. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Jim_P said:

You can go down Hickson St but its easier and just as quick for you to turn right on George St when you exit the hotel and walk for about 2 minutes then turn left into Circular Quay Way, or if you dont mind a couple of steps just go down the stairs just to the front right of the hotel (where google maps says "Cadmans Cottage") which will take you straight to where you need to go.  If you look at Google maps you can see the Carnival Splendor in the port. Where the front of the ship is is the side of the terminal you enter. 

How do I do that? I’m not computer savvy 

The steps are the shortest ( if you can get your luggage down OK) and Hickson Road is the next shortest, the other way along George St is a bit longer, not much in it but I would be going Hickson Rd.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, pooh/tigger said:

How do I do that? I’m not computer savvy 

If you exited the hotel and turned right, a very short distance there's a left hand turn. If you go to street view on Google maps this is what you'd  see. It's right where you want to go.

Screenshot_20240826_121357_Maps.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Jim_P said:

If you exited the hotel and turned right, a very short distance there's a left hand turn. If you go to street view on Google maps this is what you'd  see. It's right where you want to go.

Screenshot_20240826_121357_Maps.jpg

Thanks Ben and Jim. Very helpful

Edited by pooh/tigger
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, pooh/tigger said:

I found the path to the lower level. 

Thank you all for your help. 

IMG_1610.png

Not to overthink it, as you can go any which way. This path does involve a few stairs, but is almost opposite your hotel foyer. At the bottom of the stairs is a pedestrian crossing that pretty much puts you at bag drop on the other side of it. It will likely look a bit different, as there are probably 5 of those bikes there by now. If stairs are an issue, heading a bit further south to the spot in post 18 gives you a downhill roll of your luggage instead of pulling it up the ramp at the north end. Bag drop is at the south end of the building.

You will see for yourself, OPT is one of the most convenient cruise terminals in the world.

• Like 2